Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing steps after Syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the last update my One has been losing steps on a regular basis. For example there were 11415 steps counted before syncing tonight, somehow lost 700 steps when syncing and back to 10715. Very frustrating

Moderator edit: subject for clarity and format

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Forums @rosie62! This sounds odd. To ensure that your tracker is working correctly, please restart it as suggested by @Odyssey13.

Also, that this can be due to a manually logged activity. Note that when you manually log an activity, its step and calorie data override the data automatically detected by your tracker during the same time period. This ensures that your steps are not counted twice as long as the manually logged activity has the correct start time and duration.

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens to me on a regular basis, and I'm pretty certain that it has to do with connectivity issues on Fitbit's servers, and until that problem is solved nothing suggested by @LucyAP will make any difference.

That is, my app starts to sync, but the sync doesn't complete. So the app will temporarily show the current steps, but then when the sync fails it will revert to showing the last synced steps rather than the current steps. In other words, the problem is with the app and Fitbit's servers, not with anything you are doing @rosie62. Many of us are seeing the exact same thing.

The good news is that usually, when a sync is successful finally, the missing steps will reappear. It can also help to add your phone as a MobileTrack device. If eventually being able to sync doesn't restore the lost steps, Fitbit will pick them up from your phone for that period of time. There have been days when MobileTrack added several thousand steps at the end of the day that Fitbit had lost when syncing to the app.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
0 Votes