Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miles not correct

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I haven't used this fitbit in a while and went for a brisk walk today. According to a distance measuring chart online, I walked about 1.3 miles.

The fitbit reports that I walked 3,069 steps and .48 miles. That's not right. My height is correct and the stride length is pretty close. It has my stride length as 28.6 inches, when reality it's closer to 26 inches. However, this would mean that if it's 28.6 inches: 28.6 /12 = 2.38 feet. It recorded that I walked 3,069 steps so that's 7,314 feet which is 1.39 miles. Why is it reporting .48 miles then? Did I calculate something wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

You say your stride length is closer to 26. This is what you should put in.

After changing that Try a restart. Do it at least 3 times.

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

My miles are not correct and I do not know how to adjust it. I biked 14 miles a week ago & my Alta Fitbit showed I biked 1.23 miles. Same with power walking, I power walk 4.6 miles and my Fitbit shows I only power walked 3 miles. Something is definitely wrong & it has done this from the very beginning after I set it up. I even tap my Fitbit watch to show miles before I start & it still does not give me accurate readings.

Thank you for any suggestions,

Debbie

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like it's calculating correctly this time. I'm guessing the restart is what fixed it as with before, it's calculations for miles weren't right regardless if it was my actual stride length or not. What's interesting is that I plugged in 26 inches and now that I got home it's showing 25.9. Auto is turned off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Debborah Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for posting the situation you are experiencing with miles not showing correctly. 

I'd recommend performing a restart on your One. This has helped other users in the past. Also, check if your stride length is set up correctly.

@Natebyte It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! Thanks for creating this thread regarding the miles not showing correctly. 

I'm very glad to hear that you are back on track now and that the solution was found here at the forums. I'm sure this thread will help other users too. 

Have you tried typing your stride as 26.0 or 26.1 inches?

@WendyB Thanks for your awesome help!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I have the same problem, miles are not calculating correctly. I can't get anyone to help me either.

I would never suggest a FitBit to someone else due to not ever getting help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Debborah Thanks for your reply and for posting your feedback.

Please check the post above, I posted a reply to your previous post with a solution that should help you out. Please check this post and try the suggestions!

Hope this helps. Please let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes