Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun GPS Activity not syncing with Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I seem to have a problem with syncing - I'm using the fitbit One (fitbit 6.60) and the IOS app (fitbit 2.22.1(495) on an iphone 5C IOS 9.3.2). Ocassionally (usually when I don't have any signal when an activity ends) when I track a run/walk/hike on the app (with the tracker for the step counts) it comes up in the app as 'not synced'. even after I re-sync it doesn't show up on the dashboard. it says it syncs but the next time i turn on the app, it says 'not synced' again. 

I'm also entirely confused between tracking an activity using the timer button on the One or manually logging from the dashboard / app. Am I correct in understanding that using the manual log is better for activities such as yoga or badminton and that the timer button is better for step based activities (such as a walk or a hike) - but that i don't need to use the timber button if i use the app to record a walk / hike / run?

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

this is my dashboard:

DashboardDashboard Log

compare with the app...which shows a walk on monday and hike on sunday which aren't on the dashboard:

IOS activity log

example of walk not synced

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I've had the same happen to me with a recent walk. I tracked it using the gprs as this seems to be more accurate for distance when walking. My fitbit One logged the steps for the daily count but when I go into exercise it will shpw the map for the walk but it hasn't synced the data i.e. steps and distance. I didn't have mobile data at the time but when I did it still wouldn't sync properly. Really annoying! Any solutions would be great!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hhfitgirl thanks for the screenshots! @Sarah735 welcome to the Community! This is indeed very weird, I appreciate you guys bringing this up to my attention. I'll make sure to pass this along for further research. But in the meantime, let's go through some pointers here:

- I assume you have the latest app version, if not please make sure to update your Fitbit app to its latest version. 

- If I understood correctly this is only happening when using your mobile device's GPS with MobileRun right? Do let me know! Smiley Happy

- Try restarting your Fitbit One:

• Plug your charging cable into your computer.
  • Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger.
  • Hold down your tracker's button for 10-12 seconds.
  • Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.

Also, try force quitting your app.

Keep an eye to your activities on the we Dashboard and post me with the outcome. 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
I have the same error where it is stuck not sincing a walk yesterday. I have tried all the steps and it is still not sinced. I just simply started recording my walk using the Fitbit app nothing special. My screens look identical to the ones above.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the same error where it is stuck not sincing a walk yesterday. I have tried all the steps and it is still not sinced. I just simply started recording my walk using the Fitbit app nothing special. My screens look identical to the ones above. Oh but mine is a flex.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MariamV, thanks for having a look. To the best of my knowledge, the app, fitbit and iphone are all up to date (I'm runing: fitbit One 6.60, IOS app 2.22.1(495),  iphone 5C IOS 9.3.2). 

It does indeed only happen when using the MobileRun feature (which i like very much!). Incidentally it has worked for all of my runs, but not all of the my hikes / walks...though feels likely to be a coincidence as it doesn't necessary happen everytime on a hike / walk either and i tend to run in more built up areas (where signal is better). That said, I tried it out again on Sunday and actually had a signal when I finished the hike this time, though it still isn't syncing...

IMG_6456.PNG

If you compare the above third screenshot  (from the earlier post) with that below you will see that the hikes that I manually tried to sync via  '(!) Try again to sync' within the record on the phone for the last post, are again displaying 'not synced'.

IMG_6457.PNG

This is how i tried to manually sync, which at first appears to work... because the pink bar removes....but it still appears as 'not synced' in the weekly list (as above).

IMG_6458.PNG

I have tried to restart the FitBit as you suggest and force the apo to quit, but there is no change I'm afraid!

Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

My screen shots look the same for the walk that didn't sync. I didn't have mobile data or wifi at the time of the walk but did when I initially tried to sync it and it seemed okay until later when I went to look at it again it showed as not synced (like the scrren shots above). 

I am running up to date versions of both my fitbit One and iPhone 6 app. 

Thanks

Sarah 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sarah735 and @darwinb sorry to hear youre having the same problems, but glad im not alone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm seeing the same problem as @hhfitgirl and @sarah735.  I track my golf rounds as hikes and have not been able to sync my mobile runs since May 9.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MariamV i've also just realised that it isn't counting the non-synced activitys in the 'daily' exercise...so this past week it says only 2/5 days, because it is only counting badminton and spinning and NOT the Monday walk and Friday and Sunday hikes. 😞

IMG_6462.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pittman-1979 welcome to the forums! @hhfitgirl@Sarah735@darwinb thanks for bringing this up to my attention! It seems this is a currently known issue affecting iOS activities not syncing. Take a look at this thread where @DerrickS explains more about it. 

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Hi Mariam, 

I have a Fitbit Charge HR and am having the same problem with the app not syncing the GPS activity.  It's been a problem since the last update.  It will sync some walks/runs/hikes, however sometimes it won't.  I've tried syncing it while on Wifi and using my data.. still not syncing.  It is quite irritating, due to the mileage difference when just using the watch and actually mapping the route.  I'm hoping that someone can do a bug fix with the app.  

*I've already re-started the unit and it did not fix the problem, which leads me to believe it is a problem with the app, not the unit itself.  

Thank you! 🙂 

Shannon 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@musicluvr9719 welcome to the forums! Have you checked this thread right here? Do you have the same issue with the app showing "Not Synced"? Do let me know! I'll be looking forward to your new comments. Cat Very Happy

Best Answer