Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Adroid phone is rejecting my bluetooth paring

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can see the One device available for pairing, but "paring rejected by One" the One is rejecting my phone

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

@deepdrkchochip,

Welcome to the community!

You're making this more complicated that it needs to be:

1. Install the Fitbit App.
  2. Log in to your account.

That's pretty much it.  The Fitbit App will correctly establish the Bluetooth pairing.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@deepdrkchochip Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that your Fitbit One is not connecting with your phone. I would like to follow up and would like to know a couple of details: What is the model of your phone? Are you trying to connect your One with the phone that was connected with when it used to sync properly? 

@PureEvil Thanks a lot for your contribution and help my friend!

See you both later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
I havea Samsung Note5, i have tried to also sync to my Kindle fire when i start thr scan my One wakes up and says Hello Terreeaw, then the scan finds a device listed 0B:13:F6:D3:64:BF. My phone will say ONE but my fire says the other. Couldn't pair with 0B:13:F6:D3:64:BF because of an incorrect PIN or passkey. I am in the possess of getting a new fitbit, but if I can't get this to work on any of my devices then it's not worth it. 

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note5.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@deepdrkchochip,

Fitbit trackers do not behave like other Bluetooth devices.  If you try to do conventional Bluetooth pairing with any Fitbit tracker, it'll respond with pairing rejected.

Instead, as suggested, just install and log on to the application.  It'll get the Bluetooth id off your account information and establish the Bluetooth pairing on your behalf.  If you have a new tracker, just go through the Fitbit App and add a new device.  It'll save this id on to your account, so you can easily establish this on another device (computer, tablet, or phone).

Again, do not try to do conventional Bluetooth pairing with a Fitbit tracker; this is not the way it was designed to work.

I hope this help.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer
0 Votes
No this did not work. I opened up my app and account on my fire. I dont know the ID to this One. I have the thing sitting on top of my fire. While I  was opening the app and nothing happened. I do a search of the one and nothing happened. It yells me the update fails. I need to speak to a real human being who can walk me through the process. This back and fouth emailing is wasting my time.  Give me an 800 number to call please. 

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note5.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@deepdrkchochip wrote:
 Give me an 800 number to call please. 

Clicking the Help link at the bottom of any Fitbit page takes you to that information: In the U.S. it is: (877) 623-4997 Every day 4am-9pm PT

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
0 Votes

@deepdrkchochip,

Out of curiosity, does it work with your Samsung Galaxy Note?

You keep mentioning that it doesn't work with your Kindle Fire.  I don't believe that the Kindle Fire is among the list of compatible devices, this is especially true since Kindle Fire devices run an very modified version of Android that lacks many of the Google services.

I'd expect it to work with your Note 5; I wouldn't expect it to work with your Kindle Fire.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. All fitbits are saying rejected. Did you ever figure out what was going on with it? I also have a note 5

Best Answer
0 Votes

no, not that easy. My phone will not pair with versa 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My One keeps on getting rejected by my Motorola phone. It was synced but the last few days, I can't get it to do anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes