Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My fitbit didn't record steps while I was out of town

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was out of town, in the same time zone and my fitbit was charged.  However, it didn't record any steps from when I got on the plane until I got back 4 days later.  Why would it do that?

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

@SeattleAD Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with your One not tracking steps while on vacations.

That is very a strange situation. If it had battery power and you were wearing it; it should have tracker steps. During those 4 days, did you noticed One accumulating any steps when you were walking? 

I'd recommend manually logging those days activities so you don't loose any credit from them.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The fitbit itself was counting steps, it's just the report I received for that week in email, had "no steps" on it at all.   I could even see the steps for the day when I logged into fitbit.  So it was just the report that had no steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SeattleAD Thanks for your reply and for providing those details about the weekly report.

That is very strange! Did you synced your One the Sunday before it was sent?

Also, have you received another report showing no steps at all?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I might be piecing together what happened.  Normally I have sync on all the time on my phone and bluetooth on my phone on - however while I was at the hotel and using their wifi, I did turn the Bluetooth off.  That is probably what caused the report not to show any steps cause it could not sync with the watch.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SeattleAD Thanks for your reply and those details.

I think that is what happened too. If Bluetooth if off, your Fitbit device will not sync (as it needs both Wi-Fi/mobile service and Bluetooth to sync). 

I'm sure next report will show all the steps done during the week. However, if it doesn't, please let me know!

Keep me posted! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My does something similar too. It might count steps one day and doesn't count another day. I had 5000 steps and 20 minutes activity after hiking with my dog for one hour and having intense cardio class for 45 minutes. Then 25000 steps and 80 minutes activity after I did my yard work. It was charged as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@osin Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your One not counting steps on some days. 

So, the days it is not counting steps, do you see them on your tracker's display? Are you syncing everyday?

Please try a restart, that could help you out with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That was my issue and it is resolved now.  I had the Bluetooth off for a few days while at a hotel using their wifi and while my fitbit was counting the steps, it was not synced and did not have the steps in the weekly report.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SeattleAD Thanks for your reply and for providing those details. 

I'm sure this information will be very helpful for other users who might be experiencing something similar. I'm so glad that you are back on track now.

Also, feel free to take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit one stops count steps and floor spotaneously. Yesterday , I was walking up and down on staircase and it stopped counting floor in the middle of my walk. It usually records 21 floors , but instead it was just 14. It counted 7700 steps and that was it . It didn't count steps or floors . It didn't light up after I pressed the button. It seemed that One was dead . It revived after I plugged it in., but still counted 1000 steps more by the end of the day. While usually it shows about 4-5000 steps and 5 floor more because I walk my dog. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@osin Thanks for your reply and for providing those details. 

Did you tried the restart steps given above? I believe this will help you out with this. 

Perhaps your One ran out of battery power? Check these tips to improve the battery on your One.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish it were that simple: restart and charge dead battery. However, restart never worked and battery is always charged. :-))

Best Answer
0 Votes

@osin Thanks for your reply and for sharing that information.

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox.

Best Answer
0 Votes