Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network operation failed no network connection errors

has anyone encountered an issue with the one and the app on the phone?   i am getting a Network Operation Failed - No Network Connection Error and can't get in to the application on my phone.  Very frustrating...anyone have some advise?

Accepted Solution
16 REPLIES

Is your phone an iphone or a smart phone?  If the latter, is it on the list of Fitbit supported devices?

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I've had the exact same problem on my Galaxy S3. I've uninstalled and re-installed it more times than i can remember. Nothing helps. i've accepted all of the permissions but have no idea what else to do. Has anyone found the answer? I use t-mobile and wonder if that could be the issue.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I have sprint and havent gotten  mine to sync with my phone either.    Smiley Sad

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I have HTC One m7. Same error "Network operation failed - No network connection. Please check your settings." I tried reinstall app multiple times. Reboot phone. Even upgrade OS from Kitkat to Lollipop. Tried both on Wifi and Cellular Network. Nothing work. Never work since it got my Fitbit Charge HR on May 3. It works on computer, but never work (can't login due to this stupid Network issue) on the phone. Someone says if time is different from more than 3 mins between the fitbit and phone will have problem. Checked that as well. There is no time difference between my phone and the fitbit. Very, very frustrating.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Hey there @Jake_NY@Keywestlover, @sivadon and @tamiam88! Thanks for the assistance @TandemWalker! Like @TandemWalker said please check here to see if your phone is listed on the supported devices. After checking this, please restart your tracker and reboot your phone. Then try setting up your tracker as a replacement device. If this is not working you can reinstall the Fitbit app.

If all of this is not helping, you can try with the beta app. To do so, you'll need to join our beta group, using your Google Play Store account. Which you can do by going here. On your mobile device, go to: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.fitbit.FitbitMobile. Tap 'Become a Tester'. You will receive the message "You are now a tester." You will be directed to the Fitbit app on the Play Store. Then, Click Install or Update app.

I hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Accepted Solution

Hi, 

Sorry to add a 'me too' to this. 

The app has worked on my Windows Lumia 625 phone for ages. Last week it stopped working, giving the 'Network Operation Failed. No network connection' message, even when there was a network. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app (several times) but it hasn't solved the problem. I have also restarted my fitbit one.  Now I've reinstalled the app I get the error message when I try and log in, at the 'Let's get started' page, whereas it used to be when I tried to sync. 

I can sync through my PC, just not through my phone. 

Any ideas? 

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Forums @UKStepper! Thanks for trying those suggestions my friend, I really appreciate it. Now, I'd recommend doing all the steps posted in this helps article, please keep in mind that some of them you already did but I'll need you to do them again one by one. Smiley Very Happy

Hope this works! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it an Accepted Solution...

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Hi, 

Thanks very much for your help. I have followed all of the steps through to the article  'Setting up your tracker with the Fitbit app for Windows Phone'. The third step is to tap 'join fitbit'. When I do this I get the original error though - Network Operation Failed. No network connection. Please check your settings. 

I can get the internet on this phone and other apps are working. 

Thanks!

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Mmm...not good at all my friend! Thanks so much for trying the steps posted. My best suggestion now would be to contact Fitbit Customer Support directly, so they can do a deeper investigation into your account and see why it's not syncing properly. When emailing them, please make sure to mention all the steps you've already done to avoid getting the same troubleshoot. Smiley Very Happy They will take a good care of you, there's nothing to worry about @UKStepper

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it an Accepted Solution...

Accepted Solution
0 Votes
I actually talked to Customer support. The responses given was bad. There were issues they couldn't figure it out and have no idea at what timeframe it will be fixed. I got my Fitbit charge HR in May 2nd, it never works on the Android App. I just tries the version 2.8 that released on July 23, and it makes no differences. I still got "No Network Connection. Please Check you settings". It is a major software issue. The worst part is, Fitbit have no intention to provide any kind of compensations such as provide extra accessories like cable, Bluetooth adaptor, paid account access... Anything the involves extra costs they refuse to provide. Very bad
Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Thanks so much for this comment @Jake_NY! Which is the model of your Android phone? Fitbit is the first fitness device to offer Bluetooth Smart syncing with your Android device. Wireless sync has been a frequently requested feature from our Android users, so we've been eager to get support out as quickly as possible. While many Android devices have a Bluetooth 4.0 chip, not all devices are able to be accessed by apps like the Fitbit App.

To see the latest list of supported devices, please go here. If your device isn't listed, you can check the link at a later date to see if device support has been added.

Fitbit and I appreciate your understanding while we work to improve this experience, and encourage you to let us know if you have any additional feedback on this and other features. Besides, I'd like to apologize for the experience you have had with Fitbit Support, currently we don't offer any extra products for those kind of things since we haven't figure out if your Fitbit is not syncing because of the mobile device you own. Are you actually syncing from a computer? 

P.S. Welcome to the Forums Smiley Happy

Accepted Solution
0 Votes
So darn frustrating... ME TOO! Network error signing in... tried all the tips in community, and time is set to network time... if I can't get it to work within 48hours I'll go get my money back.. **ahem** shame considering I was happy as a kid in a candy shop 3 hours ago when I purchased my charge hr..... :@
Accepted Solution
0 Votes
And if someone suggests another tip that has already been said a hundred times I'll smash my phone!! Over it....
Accepted Solution

In my samsung S3 it says fitbit.com is unavailable try again later, it says. IN windows 10, the app says network error  fitbit.com is down for maintenance. It worked in windows 10 this afternoon after a month. Yes a month. Now in the evening, it is not working again. What kind of product is this? Even a noob can create apps better than this. Why such kind of errors are not handled by developers? Was not this tested properly before launcing? Is this product sent to market for testing purpose? Why is it so hard to sync? Why so many problems? Products like this should be very easy enough to use without any silly problem. Very bad.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I ALWAYS get this on my home network - or even if I bypass my wifi and hook direct to my server, which is Outreach Internet in Applegate, Oregon.  I have to drive my laptop and all other devices to Grants Pass Oregon, go to any place that has free wifi, and log in from there.  I do NOT know why, but this has gone on for a couple of years. Outreach Internet claims it has nothing to do with them.  HOWEVER, what works for me over and over and over is to go somewhere else - a completely different Wifi system - - and log in again.

NOTE:  Once I log in at another location, as long as I don't log out or get a Fitbit update, everything works fine.  IF I get a Fitbit update, for any reason that I might have to log back in again, I have to drive to another Wifi location (away from Outreach in Williams to anything else in any other town) to log in again.

I have been over this with the Fitbit folks and they can't understand why.  I don't either.  They sent me a brand new Charge, and today I decided to set it up, and of course, now I can't until I take my devices 30 miles away.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Since my problem seems to have something to do with my local server, Outreach Internet from Applegate Oregon, as my problems go away when I drive my laptop, android, iphone, etc. to Grants Pass Oregon to any free wifi available, such as my church, Burger King, McDonalds, etc., I would like to be on the Beta team because I may add a new issue.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes