Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update yesterday - can't add food to food log

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My software updated overnight and my new version of the food log will not allow me to add new foods. Is there a new way to add foods to the food log?  Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I was able to figure out the food adding but am unable to add my water intake, which my doctor wants me to do.  I finally had to go to my phone app to do so.

My biggest concern is the sudden loss of battery life since the update Sept. 4, 2019.  Prior to then I got 10-12 days before needed to recharge. Now I'm lucky to get three days.

Fitbit seems to be focused on bells & whistles for younger people with smart watches.  I use my One to count steps and log food and water.

Best Answer

A big +1 on your "biggest concern" comment.  That is my concern as well.  I'm also finding my Fitbit One only lasts 2-3 days before needing charging again, rather than the 7-8 days I used to get.  I have reported this to Fitbit via Live Chat where the rep told me my comments would be passed along to their development team.  I suspect this is a software issue with the Fitbit App that we are syncing to, not with the devices themselves.

Best Answer

You guys are asking about your Fitbit app on your unknown phone type, but we have posted in the Fitbit One hardware support? 

Best Answer

Is that a question or a statement?  I've been in touch with Fitbit Support and didn't get anywhere.  They have no answer to pretty much anything I've described to them, most importantly the rapid battery drain.  The syncing issues can usually be overcome for some period of time before needed a Bluetooth reset, and/or needed to restart the One tracker itself.  But Fitbit has nothing to say about the battery drain.  The Bluetooth issues may be more related to one paired phone brand over the other, but the battery drain is happening for multiple people with One trackers... don't see how Fitbit can blame that one on the phone their customers are using.

Best Answer

Rich, I'm also confused by your response.

In my case, I have a Google Pixel XL - and it has work just fine until the update in early September.  Previously the Fitbit IT folks had done something with an update that was giving me 9-12 days on one recharge. After Sept. 4, I'm luck to get 72 hours. 

I am not doing "All Day Sync" nor "Always Connected" and I'm not using GPS location except when I want to sync, when it has to be turned on.

The only thing I do is track my steps, my stairs and my foods.  I am among the early One customers and it has worked just great until this last update. At 75 I can't jog or do aerobics on anything other than make sure I walk 10,000 steps every day. Here in SF there are enough hills that I don't even need to worry about getting my 10 flights of stairs in. LOL

If you do have a communications line with the Fitbit folks, please let them know that their loyal, long-time customers, who started out with them with the clip-on One are feeling abandoned.

I know I certainly am.

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit one, and an iPhone. The + by exercise is missing from the app, it was there yesterday morning.  I can probably go back to add my walk, but I like keeping track with the map and distance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you tap on the food tile, there should be a plus in the upper right hand corner of the next page. This + has been on this page for at least the last eight years. 

Best Answer

If you tap on the food tile, there should be a plus in the upper right hand corner of the next page. This + has been on this page for at least the last eight years. 

@Steĉjo my confusion is that this question is about the Fitbit app on the users phone and has absolutely nothing to do with the Fitbit One hardware. 

Best Answer