Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONE - I love (ed) it...and miss not being able to use it!!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was very sorry to see I could not use Walker Tracker to sync with my ONE!   I did purchase the Alta HR and I am enjoying it totally.  However it seems if you are wearing the AltaHR and pushing a cart (like at a store) or a baby carriage - the steps do not post.....  That is really the only thing I do not like about the Alta HR!

Pam
Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Holding on to anything will not count steps. Wrist trackers need to see the arms swinging

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

....I understand - we must swing are arms when we walk -  but with the ONE we could walk our children and our animals .......carry a bag or box or push a cart and our steps would still count - it is just disappointing that now with what I am using  - it will not count things like that..... 

Pam
Best Answer

Wait a minute....when you use a wrist tracker,  it doesn't count steps when you are pushing a cart like at Target or the grocery store?  Does it count steps when you are carrying a laundry basket, or a child?  Does it count steps when you are holding a stack of books in front of you and walking?  

You don't walk with your arms.  I actually want to know.   I have only owned the One, and I have worn it 23/7 for 5 years.  I absolutely love it.  This is depressing to realize, if walking pushing a shopping cart doesn't count.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@essloane There are a couple of workarounds you can try:

1. Put the wrist tracker in your pocket when you are shopping or carrying. They say it won't be as accurate, but how accurate is it when the tracker doesn't count any steps at all? You can test for yourself how accurate your tracker is in your pocket rather than on your wrist.

2. Set up MobileTrack as a device on the Fitbit app, so that if you carry your phone in your pocket Fitbit will recognize the steps your phone records. When you sync MobileTrack, it should add in the steps from the times that the tracker didn't count any. I know that when my One was losing steps every time I synched it, as many as 1,000 at a time, when I synced MobileTrack it would give me back those steps. 

Others may have other options to recommend too. Let us know what you find if you try one of these.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

@janel  Thank you for the suggestions.  I guess that confirms that the Alta or Flex 2 may not count the steps if worn on wrist while pushing a grocery or Target cart.  

I wear yoga pants a lot, probably more than I should, lol, but alas they don't have pockets, and to put the wrist tracker where I currently wear my One would just be uncomfortable and odd, unless Fitbit listens to its customer base and makes secure reliable clips for some of its removable trackers like the Flex 2, or Alta.  Probably the thing I love the most about the One is that I was able to wear it 23 hours a day for the 5 years I have owned it, and I don't have to think about it. It never fell out, it never came out of its clip, it was always secure, it just worked.  Putting anything in a pocket, when I do wear pockets, would worry me that I would wash it.

I can't wear anything on my wrist, at any time, so the One was absolutely perfect for me.  Also, I had a walking partner who lost 3 Flex 2 within two months, because they fell off her wrist.  I finally convinced her to get a One.   I am slowly realizing that if the One goes away,  my options are extremely limited, now that I have been spoiled by the One.   Sadly, I am coming to the realization that my days in the Fitbit family are numbered...

but your suggestions may work for someone else, so thank you!

Best Answer
Thanks for your suggestion... I will put it in my pocket when I am pushing a cart...

Again... thanks!

Pam
Pam
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your input - I also loved my ONE and very disappointed they don't support it any longer.... I had mine since 2007... wore it all the time..never had a problem - and really I do not like wearing anything around my wrist, but his was the only other tracker I found that I 'sorta' liked. Guess I will just have to get use to it.

Again, thanks for your input!

Pam
Pam
Best Answer
0 Votes