Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONE shows floor. It didn't go but?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hello
every morning a floor, I see my ONE dashboard? I went but no floor??? What is going on here? How can I remove this floor?

Thank you for your tips!
ThiPio
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @ThiPio , there are many things that can affect the detection of floors on the Fitbit -- changes in air pressure, a sudden gust of wind, or even a door opening or shutting.  Unfortunately Fitbit does not allow editing of floor data, so there is no way of removing these.  Sorry not to be more help.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

Hi there @ThiPio@Julia_G. I never tried deleting floors, because I just ignore them. To me, they make up for the dozens I do monthly that don't get counted because they fall just a bit short of the 10' elevation threshold. If due to bad weather, well then they serve as a reminder that I had to fight the elements that day.

However, this help article seems to indicate that you can delete false floors if they bother you: Delete data.

If the instructions contained therein don't work for deleting floors, then perhaps the help document can be revised accordingly.

Cheers!

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi, @ThiPio , there are many things that can affect the detection of floors on the Fitbit -- changes in air pressure, a sudden gust of wind, or even a door opening or shutting.  Unfortunately Fitbit does not allow editing of floor data, so there is no way of removing these.  Sorry not to be more help.

Best Answer
Trank you!
Best Answer

Hi there @ThiPio@Julia_G. I never tried deleting floors, because I just ignore them. To me, they make up for the dozens I do monthly that don't get counted because they fall just a bit short of the 10' elevation threshold. If due to bad weather, well then they serve as a reminder that I had to fight the elements that day.

However, this help article seems to indicate that you can delete false floors if they bother you: Delete data.

If the instructions contained therein don't work for deleting floors, then perhaps the help document can be revised accordingly.

Cheers!

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer
Hi, @TandemWalker , that does work (if done carefully and correctly, but it deletes all steps for the same time period and creates a "driving" activity with associated calories -- so not really appropriate unless you were actually driving when the false floors get counted.

Best Answer

Well, if it's only one floor @Julia_G, the activity log would show the exact 5 min time frame during which it was recorded. And since it is a false, it is emply of steps, is it not? A driving activity of 5 min duration would not translate to much more than BMR, I don't think. What say you?Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually they seem to give you a surprising number of calories for driving!  But more to the point, my false floors usually come when I am out walking (braving the elements as you say) so I usually do not want to delete my steps.  But mainly I don't like the fact that deleting false data involves creating an activity on my log -- it clutters things up and makes it difficult to find actual exercise activities, and gives me "credit" for exercise which I haven't really done (I get a tick mark for each driving logged).  So mostly I do not bother with this.  I certainly wouldn't do it for one floor...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your good tips!
Then, I'm going to count again the floors about the iPhone.

Greeting
ThiPio
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again @Julia_G. Once you discount BMR, a driving activity counts for very little. Going back to the OP, we are dealing with one floor, correct? One floor, over what timeframe - a minute? 

I agree with you, I don't bother either deleting false floors accrued while walking outdoors on a windy day, for the very same reason as yours; but also because they serve as a reminder that I had to fight the elements on those days. Moreover, since floors are empty of incremental calories, then why bother?

I also agree with you that this 'driving activity' is a band-aid solution that forces people to log something false in order to delete something false. How paradoxal is that, really! That's why I often invite people to vote for @MacWade's suggestion - see here.

Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes