Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring Back Fitbit One

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please! Bring it back! I was about to buy another one to realize it’s been discounted! What a nightmare! Why?!!! Those bracelet counters are no substitute. I want something I can hide in my clothes and the zip is limited in features. Bring back the One! 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity/Format

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

This post directed to all the top management of Fitbit. I just called customer service and was told this was the best place to make my request since posts are read.  My plea:  please bring Fitbit One back!  Now!  I am one of those people who simply doesn’t like wearing a bracelet, necklace or anything visible on me that is Fitbit related.  I prefer to slip it into my pocket.  I used to own an Ultra and when you upgraded to One, I moved to One.  Then suddenly One was dropped.  What happened?  When I have called customer service they say that many people like me also want the Fitbit One back.  You have SO MUCH JEWELRY.  Why can’t you have one for people like me that don’t want to wear jewelry and simply want to slip their Fitbit into their pocket.  I was an early adopter, long before you became a public company.  I know Amazon sells Fitbit Ones for $267 but that is a ridiculous amount of money to pay.  I know there is a demand since customer service always tells me there is.  And don’t suggest I used the zip since I have never liked the screen on that one or the bulky shape.  Unless if you develop another Fitbit One replacement, when my Fitbit One dies, I won’t be buying another Fitbit.  And that makes me sad since I’ve been a loyal customer for years.  Please listen!

Best Answer

My fitbit stopped sching and I enjoy having the Fitbit one on my bra. I needed another clip for it as it has wore out. I also want the Fit bit One back. I have had it since 2015 and purchased it at Weight Watchers for about $100 and although I did not use all the features, I thought it was just great for what I needed. Why can't things stay the same sometime. I hate changing technology. 

Best Answer

DITTOS!!!  I, too, have been a long time Fitbit user.  I lost my One and they were no longer available.  So I bought a Flex 2 since I swim.  BUT I took the tracker out of my Flex 2 and put it in an ankle band that I bought on Amazon.  I don't swim a lot of laps but I do swim with a swim noodle and 'ride it like a bike'.  This way I can wear my Fitbit in the pool and still collect my steps.  DOWN SIDE:  I cannot read the screen as it only contains dots.   I have suggested over and over for Fitbit to BRING BACK THE ONE and make it WATERPROOF.   It fell on deaf ears.  Therefore, I am with you, when I find a waterproof tracker that resembles the One I will buy it.  With the One I was also able to buy a wrist band on Amazon for the occasions that I wanted to wear it as a watch.  The One was so VERSATILE and ADAPTABLE.   The Fitbit One fulfilled the needs of a spectrum of their customers:  price, clip-on/pocket, nice screen, and versatility.  

Fitbit as a business entity should look at who was responsible for the business decision to get rid of the One and they should seriously get rid of those individuals who made it possible.  Fitbit as a company has been nose diving;  just look at their stock price history.  Look at their 5 year history.  They're Tanking.  Not smart.  They are not recovering.  As a longtime faithful and loyal customer I no longer feel valued or heard.  Management needs to GO!  

Best Answer
Yes, I totally agree with you. Bring back Fitbit One. 
Best Answer

I have had Two of the Fitbit ones for many years now.  My current One is a blank screen today.  Does not even light up on the Charger.  Showing zero steps for the day - today has been a very active day!

Why is the One no longer available?  I could go to Amazon and pay a small fortune but that's not a good option.  I love the ability to clip it to pockets and clothes........I don't need a ton of bells and whistles.  I don't want to wear the big clunky arm piece.  I love my small piece that easily displays and stays hidden!

Why can't you offer the One again?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer

Im sorry. Many are upset about it but nothing we can really do about it.

Look through this forum. Some others have posted a few ideas. I just dont remember them.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

See this thread. Has some ideas

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/One/One-Availability-and-Alternatives/m-p/2271754#M69909

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Yes, bring back the Fitbit One. I don't want to wear a rubber band on my wrist. Or hang it off a not very nice 'necklace'. Also, while I've never done a proper study, it doesn't appear that putting it on a wrist measures steps at all accurately. It's too easy to fool the counter with arm movement doing other things. 

Best Answer

Other than my wedding ring I will not wear any sort of jewelry. So when my One dies I will be forced to try a tracker from another manufacturer. I like Fitbit but I don't want to wear it like a watch or necklace. I've had Fitbit Ones for more years than I can remember and the newer options are not acceptable. I looked at the Zip but it doesn't look like it tracks floors. It is also bigger so it would take p more space in my pocket.

I see my wife always having to tap her Alta and Flex and it seems silly. Simple and easy really is better.

Best Answer

I am glad people are still/again writing on this.  This is one of a number of threads in which users are saying the same thing.  I have read compelling stories from nurses and other health professions who cannot wear wrist bands while they work to the stories told here.  

But I am getting the feeling that something is preventing Fitbit from bringing back this product or bringing out a new version of it. Fitbit knows there is significant demand for a product of this kind at some price between $100 and $267. Absent an issue with production or marketing, e.g., rational business people would continue to sell this product--or bring a substantially similar one to market--somewhere in that price range.  Yet, it's been months and that decision has not been made.  So, I assume there is some issue unknown to us regarding making or selling the Fitbit One . . . .  Maybe some day someone will solve the mystery for us.

Joan

Best Answer

I am so pleased to have discovered this thread. I have been wearing a Fitbit One for more years than I can remember. And I love it. I like to wear jewelry, but not the clunky wristband. I just want to clip it on my clothing. When my Fitbit goes are there other companies that make an equivalent to the Fitbit One? I’m afraid I’ll be forced to go to another company. Sorry Fitbit. 

Best Answer

My Fitbit  One died a few months back and was disappointed that One has been discontinued.  I work in healthcare and wear gloves and have to wash up frequently.  I'm not allowed to wear rings or bracelets or watches.  I tried the Flex with an large band to wear around my ankle because I'm on my feet all day and want to track my steps and stairs (Flex does not track stairs).  At the end of my shift I found that at some point during the day the flex fell out if the band and I have not been able to find it.  The other thing I didn't like about the Flex is that you have to sync it and view your progress on the app.  I just bought a Charge 2 and returned it. It is just too bulky and again, I'm not allowed to wear it at work.  If the One does not make a comeback soon I'll be looking elsewhere.  I can say though that Fitbit has one of the best customer service representatives I have come across.  I really hope that the powers that be are listening.

Best Answer

Yes. Please bring the one back. I have just lost mine after having it for years. I am unable to wear a watch all day as being a nurse it raises infection control issues and I already have an iWatch I can’t wear to work. My one worked beautifully with my phone sharing data and was all that I needed. There is no way I will consider the zip as it is more bulky with fewer features. So unless I can find a new One at a reasonable cost I too will be deleting my Fitbit account. There is still a market fitness trackers other than watch based ones. Please don’t exclude/ ignore us. 

Best Answer

Hi Everyone - we created this post to discuss the One Availability. As mentioned there, unfortunately, there are no plans to bring the One back and we do not have any information on future products. I'll be closing this thread as a duplicate. 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was a loyal customer.  I’ve purchased several “One”, mostly for gifts.  Since my device decided to retire I’ve been looking to replace it and can’t since you have discontinued it.  I don’t care for your other products and wish you would reconsider adding this product to your line up.

the points I make below support why the Fitbit One was your best product to date.

-accurate

-only had to charge it once every couple weeks

-no tan lines

-counted stairs

-I don’t care for things around my wrist 

-the Fitbit community

I walked over 1800 miles in 4 months with my daughter.  We walked from VA to CO, for cancer and unfortunately did it without Fitbit.  

Please reconsider taking this product out of retirement.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer

Many of us want this.  They come out with new products all the time. Time will tell

Community Council Member

Best Answer

I am with you on that.  I do not need something around my wrist,. I wear a watch already and a conventional one, not one of those "smart" things.  I suggested that they need to develop a model that is adaptable, can be placed in a bracelet, pendant and a belt clip like the One.  But they are bend on that "smart" watch craze I bet.

Best Answer

I am not a fan of these smart watches.  I know I’m in the minority on that.  It’s bad enough all the notifications I get on my phone, let alone on a watch.  

Best Answer

Hi Everyone! I hope you're all doing well! Thank you for your feedback on the One.

Please see this thread for our statement on the One, there you can also join the conversation the One availability and alternative ideas. Since this is a duplicate thread, we will be closing it for further comments. 

See you around! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes