Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oldie but goodie question about downgrading firmware 6.64 to 6.46

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have bought many Fitbit Ones. Each has had its own issues. The latest (having been stored in a drawer with a note that it will not start) is the upgrade to 6.64 that shows a full battery and the firmware 6.64. The Fitbit that continues to work for me, sync for me but loses charge faster each day is a Fitbit One 6.46. Because it is losing charge faster each week, I pulled out my old ones... all with notes attached.

The most hopeful one is the 6.64 but I cannot get it to start! I have tried resetting it, plugging it in to my computer, holding the button down until the battery shows. unplugging it without starting it. holding the button down for a full minute unplugged. holding it down plugged it for a full minute... I can see a full battery and the 6.64 firmware. Then the screen goes blank.

We love out Fitbit Ones and do not want to wear watches. We just like the steps. IS THERE ANY WAY TO DOWNGRADE TO 6.46 TO GET THIS FITBIT TO START?  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Odyssey13   A correction.  The Luxe doesn’t have the on wrist/on body setting, like the Inspire series.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @rswc90  never had the pleasure of owning a One, but they must have been fantastic from all the people who miss them. There's no way to downgrade these devices. Unfortunately, as time goes by, you can't get updates on these devices - normally it's two years past the time that Fitbit no longer sells them. Fitbit does have a few styles that can be worn with an optional clip. The Luxe and Inspire 3 both can be worn with the clip, if you'd like to see if they would suit your needs. They don't measure flights of stairs, but they do the basics you're used to.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Odyssey13, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comprehensive response!  NOT the one I want, of course! It looks like my "get off my lawn!" attitude must come into the next century of gadgets and devices! I wonder what happened to all those devices that DID upgrade and now won't turn on?!

Best Answer

@rswc90  here's the scant info on the One being a legacy device - click to read. A friend of mine has the Zip, which has also been discontinued. They have a new one in the box in the event their current Zip needs replacing. I know there are some people who come to the One forum area who get used parts from eBay to keep their Ones working, but as you can see, this forum area is pretty quiet these days.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@Odyssey13   A correction.  The Luxe doesn’t have the on wrist/on body setting, like the Inspire series.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer