Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One keeps unsyncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have two Fitbit One's and an Android phone.

A couple of days ago my One would not sync. I tried normal things (Bluetooth on/off, reboots etc) which normally fixes it, but it still would not sync. Removed One from account and tried to re-add..the app could not find the One. Also unistalled/reinstalled fitbit app and still no joy.

I tried my second One and this synced straight away, so started using it.

Today, this One will now also not sync (same as above). Removing this One from account and re-adding has got it syncing again.

Anyone with ideas about what's going on?

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

mine is doing the same thing since yesterday.

Best Answer

Mine is doing this too. I have to go to another day, come back, and it works for the current day. My fear is that they are trying to force all of us out of the One and into something else. That would have worked, I searched their site today. However, the site is useless. You cannot search products and the filters have nothing to do with specs. I was unable to find anything comparable to the One. This is very disappointing. 

Best Answer

I'm so frustrated my One is not syncing. I don't understand why FitBit won't bring back the One. 

I don't like wearing anything around my wrist. 

I feel like all of us that prefer the One are being forced to change to a wrist product.

Best Answer

As with clarkbremer; I also paid good money to FITBIT for this device and they accepted that money. How is it possible that they can unilaterally degree that we can no longer use the device even if it still works fine (as mine does).

If I must replace my "ONE" with something else - it will definately not be a FITBIT. I am tired of this railroading that big business engage in at our expense.

Thankyou.

Best Answer

I don't always wear my One. I took it out yesterday and charged it from zero charge and it synced at first. Since then, it is giving me an exclamation mark and won't sync at all. I tried logging out of the app and restarting my phone, but no luck. I am worried that if I remove the One from my account like @mrfids1 did that I also won't be able to connect again. Sucks that I lost a full day if step tracking... Anyone else getting the exclamation mark?

Best Answer

i have the same issue.  Once I removed my fitbit from my iphone, I cannot seem to add it  back

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not getting an exclamation mark. I had not worn mine in some time. Put it on last week and it has been syncing fine. However, last synced ~10AM today and nothing since. Tried everything. I agree that they are trying to force us to abandon this for another product. I won't go the wrist/phone route for health reasons, so I've ordered a plain non-Fitbit tracker. ::raspberries to Fitbit::

Best Answer

Have you tried resetting your One?

1. Plug your charging cable into your computer.
  2. Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger.
  3. Hold down your tracker's button for 10 to12 seconds.
  4. Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.
Best Answer

I finally got my One synched. I tried everything at the same time, so I'm not sure what's really helped it. 

- connect the charging cable to the laptop

- open the dashboard web page

- uninstall the app from the iPhone

- turn bluetooth down in the phone

- reinstall it and log back in

- turn bluetooth back on

- open the app in the iPhone, near the laptop with the cable and the Fitbit inserted in it, and go to the today button

- swipe the page down to start synch

I hope it works for you guys

Best Answer
0 Votes

by itself, this procedure did not fix the issue

Best Answer

This worked for me (What 'theumpire' suggested) - thx!

Have you tried resetting your One?

1. Plug your charging cable into your computer.
  2. Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger.
  3. Hold down your tracker's button for 10 to12 seconds.
  4. Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have 2 Fitbit One's.  When one device started losing charge after just a few days, I tried replacing it in the app with the second device.  I was unable to complete the setup.  I then tested the battery in the second device.  It also was losing charge after a day or two.  Since I'm not a DIY person, I sent both of them to an ebay vendor who replaces batteries in Fitbit One's.  Both now are working like new devices.... they easily set-up in the app and also sync. 

The original batteries in Fitbit One's are getting very old, so if you can, I think replacing the battery will fix your issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is so infuriating -- I love my One and I hate that it is not syncing 

Best Answer

Is your One still syncing? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

sshafqat, if your question is for me, the answer is yes. I have had no problems since. I followed what 'theumpire' suggested and it worked. I have an iPhoneSe3 with V16.2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

G'day all. I did get my ONE to sync but only manually at the moment. I tried the reset option from "the umpire" and others to no avail. Elisamn's  post worked though. I had to uninstall then reinstall the app to be able to manually update the app on my android.

The ONE still refuses to be recognized by the app so auto update is not possible. Bluetooth works on everything else.

Thanks everyone

Best Answer
0 Votes

After repeated efforts (following ideas from this chain), my One does work most of the time.. Around once a week it loses its ability to connect over bluetooth... turning it on and off usually fixes it.

It's not an ideal solution, but at least its still working. All my other bluetooth fitbit devices work fine... still do not understand why the One loses its bluetooth connectivity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just spoke with a FitBit advisor named Jhon. He told me to restart my iPhone, and that synced my ONE to my app on my iPhone.

Best Answer
0 Votes