Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not holding charge since iOS 2.39 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/9/2017: This issue has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Fitbit Update 08/21/2017: Several One users have reported that they are experiencing quick battery drain issues since updating their iOS app to the latest version, 2.39.

First off, thanks for taking the time to report this issue. Secondly, I can assure you that our team is currently investigating the root cause of this issue and will be hard at work to get a fix out as quickly as possible to get you all back on track. I will receive an update from them and will make sure to keep you all in the loop.

Thanks for your help with reporting this and for your continued patience. More to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
509 REPLIES 509
Post on their Facebook page, they will usually answer you quickly (even though it hasn't helped). They hate when you post negative stuff on Social Media.

Jana
Best Answer

I did, and never got a response to my post. I only got a response is when I counted them through calling them, then they followed up through and email. 

Best Answer

An email I've just received, so is this finally an acknowledgment there is a problem with the app??

"The issue with the latest version of the Fitbit app has been forwarded to our developers, and our engineers are working hard to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

We kindly inform you that we work daily to enhance our services and products, and we believe there is always room for improvement. We appreciate that you reported this issue to us, and we would like to apologize for the inconvenience the update has caused to your One's battery as we have added feature enhancements and fixes to the app. Rest assured, the next release will have improvements with the tracker's battery life.

We hope for your understanding regarding this matter. If there's anything that we may do to assist you in the meantime, do not hesitate to let us know."

Best Answer

Will we receive an email from you announcing the fix?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I also just started having the issue.  Just downloaded the app on my new computer and now my One doesn't hold a charge for more than a few hours. -- It was holding for more than a week.

Best Answer

Tried to post in another location and got in trouble for cross posting .  Guess that's one way of controlling the complaints 

Best Answer

I wanted to chime in on this thread and say, "Me too!"

My current Fitbit One is about 9 months old. It's my third one, and I've been fanatical about carrying it. I recently noticed rapid battery drain, and that's what led me to this site. I can't believe that it suddenly went from holding a charge for roughly five days to barely lasting twenty-four hours. The timing seems about right that it would have coincided with the iOS 2.39 version of the Fitbit app.

I would have probably grumbled and just ordered a new Fitbit One, if they were available, but it seems that they're essentially discontinued. Of course, now that I read this thread, it's entirely possible that a brand new Fitbit One would have the exact same battery drain issues. 

I don't know about the rest of  you, but I'm an enthusiastic fan of the Fitbit One, but not a fan of their other products. I am an enthusiastic fan of my Apple Watch, and I don't want to wear another wrist-based tracker. The older Fitbit trackers like the Charge and Alta are effeminate and not sized for large male wrists, and their more masculine models like the Blaze and Surge are big and clunky and ugly as hell. The Icon is too new too tell, although I think it looks ugly. Regardless, if Fitbit is killing the "clip-on" concept, then they're losing my business, period. 

I've already started declining Fitbit challenges from my friends, because I can no longer really compete since I have to charge my Fitbit One daily. Unless this is solved somewhat soon, I guess I'll just throw away the tracker and delete the Fitbit app from my phone, and nuke my Fitbit account. I have to admit it will be a bittersweet moment, since I've carried my Fitbit One so religiously for years, but I will survive. 

P.S. I've tried all the trouble-shooting steps, such as trying a different charger, charging cable, different USB power source, resetting the device, etc. The only thing that has changed lately is that the iOS app was updated on August 10th, which is about the time I started noticing problems.

EDIT:  Originally I thought my current Fitbit One was 18 months old, but I just found my receipt from Dec 2, 2016. There's no way it could be the battery after only nine months.

Best Answer
@Baylierose wrote:

I had the same problem so I bought a new one. Now that one needs to be charged every other day too so save your money!

I'm glad that I saw this thread, and your post. If the Fitbit One was still available in retail stores like Best Buy, I probably would have just bought another one too. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

So this morning I have received an email with an offer of a free replacement One or 50% off a new product. I have 30 days to decide. Why can't they just fix the app which seems to be the problem? I don't really want another kind of fitbit, I don't like a wrist tracker, don't like wearing a watch, but don't want to get another One if that's not the problem!!!!! Come on Fitbit just fix the app...

I've seen someone else post that they purchased a brand new Fitbit One, and it had the same problem. I think it's pretty clear to me that the problem is with the app, not with the actual trackers. 

Best Answer

Same problem. Keep me in the loop when a fix is found. Thanks

Best Answer

@m0j0 wrote:

I wanted to chime in on this thread and say, "Me too!"

My current Fitbit One is about 18 months old. It's my third one, and I've been fanatical about carrying it. I recently noticed rapid battery drain, and that's what led me to this site. I can't believe that it suddenly went from holding a charge for roughly five days to barely lasting twenty-four hours. The timing seems about right that it would have coincided with the iOS 2.39 version of the Fitbit app.

I would have probably grumbled and just ordered a new Fitbit One, if they were available, but it seems that they're essentially discontinued. Of course, now that I read this thread, it's entirely possible that a brand new Fitbit One would have the exact same battery drain issues. 

I don't know about the rest of  you, but I'm an enthusiastic fan of the Fitbit One, but not a fan of their other products. I am an enthusiastic fan of my Apple Watch, and I don't want to wear another wrist-based tracker. The older Fitbit trackers like the Charge and Alta are effeminate and not sized for large male wrists, and their more masculine models like the Blaze and Surge are big and clunky and ugly as hell. The Icon is too new too tell, although I think it looks ugly. Regardless, if Fitbit is killing the "clip-on" concept, then they're losing my business, period. 

I've already started declining Fitbit challenges from my friends, because I can no longer really compete since I have to charge my Fitbit One daily. Unless this is solved somewhat soon, I guess I'll just throw away the tracker and delete the Fitbit app from my phone, and nuke my Fitbit account. I have to admit it will be a bittersweet moment, since I've carried my Fitbit One so religiously for years, but I will survive. 

P.S. I've tried all the trouble-shooting steps, such as trying a different charger, charging cable, different USB power source, resetting the device, etc. The only thing that has changed lately is that the iOS app was updated on August 10th, which is about the time I started noticing problems. 

Did you turn off all day synch?  That helps slow the battery drain a bit. 

Best Answer

Well, this answers why my One's battery life fell off a cliff. You need to get your email support crew up to speed. They made no mention of this issue in the exchange I've made with them.

Best Answer

Add me to the list. Fitbit One worked perfectly for 4 years then latest app update and battery dies in 2 days

Best Answer

First thing to do is turn off all day sync. That is the default and it shouldn't be!

Best Answer

I received the same email options this morning and am waiting to decide what to do. Not much point in getting a replacement if that is not the problem. And since they are discontinuing the One, will they really spend time on fixing the app?  I really like the clip on style so not sure where to look next. I'm going to wait and see for now since I have 30 days! 

Best Answer

Realistically we shouldn't have to turn off a default that did not affect battery life until this update. 

Best Answer
Me, too, mine is a little over 1.5 years old and it was fine, now a charge only holds about 36 hours

Sent from Space
Best Answer

I see 2.39 was released on August 10th, which roughly corresponds with when my battery life went from a week to 3 days. Here it is, September 4th—over 3 weeks later, and no update to the iOS app. Surely, Fitbit developers know exactly the lines of code they changed and could easily revert the code back to the working version and push out an update immediately.

Instead, Support is recommending I buy a NEW one, even though the store says they're backordered 4-6 weeks, and another thread claims the One is being discontinued.

I guess that's one way to clear stock on a dead-end product. Kill the existing Fitbit batteries. Don't tell the customer the iOS app is doing that. Don't release a timely fix. Try to sell the customer a new One. Throw in a 25% discount but put a 30-day limit on the offer even though they won't ship for at least 4 weeks, if they ever do. All the while hoping the customer doesn't stumble upon this thread.

Since Fitbit refuses to continue supplying me the product features I want in the form factor I need, and doesn't care that they're killing the working One I own, I guarantee I will not replace my dying One with another Fitbit product.

Best Answer

@GinOne wrote:

I received the same email options this morning and am waiting to decide what to do. Not much point in getting a replacement if that is not the problem. And since they are discontinuing the One, will they really spend time on fixing the app?  I really like the clip on style so not sure where to look next. I'm going to wait and see for now since I have 30 days! 

I also have a Garmin vivofit 2 I bought and also bought a clip (don't like wristbands).  It's also waterproof and battery lasts about a year.  Found refurbished for under $50!

Best Answer
I have heard gossip that the one may be discontinued, but that was pure speculation, Did you have something from fitbit saying this?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer