Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not holding charge since iOS 2.39 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/9/2017: This issue has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Fitbit Update 08/21/2017: Several One users have reported that they are experiencing quick battery drain issues since updating their iOS app to the latest version, 2.39.

First off, thanks for taking the time to report this issue. Secondly, I can assure you that our team is currently investigating the root cause of this issue and will be hard at work to get a fix out as quickly as possible to get you all back on track. I will receive an update from them and will make sure to keep you all in the loop.

Thanks for your help with reporting this and for your continued patience. More to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
509 REPLIES 509

OK....I fully charged it overnight. Turned off All Day Synch.

it is needing to be charged NOW but my charger has gone walkabout.

I live alone so I am at a loss as it lives in the USB port.

I'm off to Best Buy now to buy another....the One Chargers are rare!

anyways, it appears it isn't fixed. Thought it was.

😕

Best Answer
Have you updated all your apps? That worked for me.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, so after seeing this thread I emailed back to Fitbit support (which had previously told me that the issue was with my device alone), and told  them "There are 18 pages of Fitbit One users with the identical problem at the same exact point in time - https://community.fitbit.com/t5/One/One-not-holding-charge-since-iOS-2-39-update/td-p/2152579/highli....  Can you really say that this is a coincidence?  You guys need to acknowledge that this a Fitbit issue, not an issue with my individual tracker.  I am really bothered that your "customer support" wouldn't assist with the issue, and required me to buy a new device.  It feels like a scam."

Their response was "We are not lying to our customer . . . Customers are not forced to purchase a tracker, we offer them the discount and will be up to them if they will like to try a different Fitbit tracker."

They completely ignore the fact that the issue is a global one with the Fitbit One and this particular update.  Even after they have acknowledged, on this page, that they know there is an issue and are working on it.

Crappy customer service, after a clear failure on their part.  If they want customer loyalty, they really need to do the right thing.
Best Answer

It seems as if one customer service person says one thing and anther person says another thing.

I was told it was iOS only and involved the Flex and the One. Android users do not have this issue.

Best Answer
Is there a newer update than 2.40 that isn't showing up?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Just been onto the app store and there are no reviews mentioning the problem with the app. Is it time we all went on and gave a negative review?

I have also requested a new Fitbit One from the free replacement offer customer services sent me (delivery any day now), so going to give that a go to see if it's any better than my current 6 month old Fitbit One.

Best Answer
0 Votes

android user here and I have those issues. just took one off overnight charge it lasted 1/2 hour. flex I set up yesterday holds charge but has the sync issues..  .which drains battery in my opinion

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mel_12 well there ya go.

Another customer service lie.

I'm leaving mine in the charger from now til Sunday as I'm away in the boonies.

I'm Over & Out until then.

Carol

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not that I know of. Try going to your apps and see if you need updates. I got the syncing back, but the battery still only lasts two or three days.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

yep hard find customer service reps that will share the truth.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was just about to order a new one... and then stumbled upon this thread.

I have no intention of getting one of the wrist band versions and I don't use my fitbit to incessently walk around to get my steps up - I use it for an *indication* of my TDEE and I noticed that my charge has just collapsed in a soggy heap!

Although - you can order a new one it seems (although it seems little point to do it)

Best Answer

My 2.5 year-old One started having problems at the time of the update too, and while turning off all-day sync did help, the battery was still draining faster than I was used to (from green to yellow in 2 days instead of 4 for me).

I did go ahead and order a new One, and am happy to report that with my new One the battery indicator took 6 days to go from green to yellow. The difference is so noticeable it makes me reconsider how much of the problem was in fact the age of my old One. I am also wondering if there is any hardware difference between the older and the newer Ones that would affect how they function with the latest ios updates.

I do wonder if I should have complained more loudly, because Customer Service never offered me any discount, although I didn't expect a replacement for a product I'd been using for 2.5 years.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
I just received my new one yesterday. I just ordered it from Amazon, since Fitbit no longer sells them. Mine too was 4 years old, so I didn't expect a replacement. I had all the same problems as everyone else did, and had tried all the suggested fixes. The most recent update seemed to help a lot, but then it just completely died and wouldn't even hold a charge. Hoping this new one works out! So far, so good. 🙏

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Just got off chatting with support - they told me much the same as people here have reported - they are aware of the issue, working hard to resolve, yada yada.

I also turned off All Day Sync and also will update everything on the iPhone (but not iOS11 quite yet!)

Was bizarrely told not to sync with the app until the battery is low. So what is the point of having it if you can't see the data? These people are brainless, they really are.

Best Answer

Battery charge has been much improved since the 2.40 update.  However, my Fitbit will no longer update. I have been trying all day to update and it doesn't find the device.  I am fed up with Fitbit.

Best Answer

It's absolutely outrageous that it has now been more than a month that customers have been stuck with this issue and all we get from Fitbit is that they are aware of the problem and working on it. How about just letting us re-install the previous version of the software?

My wife and I both enjoy our One tracker and all we want is for you to fix the issue that is affecting every one of your One customers.

Either fix the problem or refund the money we paid for them!!

Best Answer

Hello All

i sent a message to Fitbit through Facebook messaging.  They asked me to restart my tracker using the following steps:

Plug your charging cable into your computer.
Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger.
Hold down your tracker's button for 10-12 seconds.
Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.

Then sync my tracker 5-6 times a day until the battery is depleted.  (They then checked my tracker on their end and said it’s a software problem and they were working on it)

i have to say, and hopefully I won’t jinx myself, that after I did all that and the battery ran out, I charged it up.  It “appears” I no longer have a problem.  I get a week or so on a charge.  

Best Answer

Hello iOS one users- thanks once more for baring with us as our engineers work on the issue. We hope to have a resolution soon, I'll update again after the weekend. 

@Sheryl65 welcome and thanks for stopping by the Community. Anyone who hasn't tried to restart their One like she mentioned in her post, please do give this a try. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

From the press who have reviewed the Ionic due in October, it's very buggy so it looks like all Fitbit's efforts are being spent on stabilizing the new product to the detriment of us One users. Changes to the app to support the Ionic may even have been the cause of the One issues.

As a software developer myself for decades, I know that the only reason this problem isn't fixed is because it's not a priority for Fitbit. Make your future buying choices accordingly.

Best Answer

RSMAC, I tend to agree with you. I don't think they are even trying to address this issue which is almost 6 weeks old. Sadly, the people at 'customer support' are busy trying to peddle other products or sell the One at a discount instead of telling people the truth. 

Best Answer