Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not holding charge since iOS 2.39 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/9/2017: This issue has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Fitbit Update 08/21/2017: Several One users have reported that they are experiencing quick battery drain issues since updating their iOS app to the latest version, 2.39.

First off, thanks for taking the time to report this issue. Secondly, I can assure you that our team is currently investigating the root cause of this issue and will be hard at work to get a fix out as quickly as possible to get you all back on track. I will receive an update from them and will make sure to keep you all in the loop.

Thanks for your help with reporting this and for your continued patience. More to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
509 REPLIES 509

My Fitbit one always held a charge for at least 6 days.  Now 1 day and it's almost drained.  Since the update.

hope they fix/update soon.  

I also do do not like wearing a tracker on my wrist!  

Best Answer
Same here. I don't understand why they are discontinuing the One. I can't work out with jewelry on including my wrist. I like how the One has the alarm feature and I use it everyday. I clip it on my waist band and it's out of site. I don't want a tracker on my wrist. I don't feel it is accurate.

Sent from Laura's iPhone
Best Answer

My fitbit One has been doing the same for the last week or two. Have tried resetting to no avail, charge is still only lasting 2 days

Best Answer
Fitbit needs to do something. Apparently they have known about this issue since the update. But since they're discontinuing the One, they have no incentive. It's turning me off Fitbit.

Elyse
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
I feel the same way. I hate wearing things on my wrist.

Elyse
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
I feel the same way. I hate wearing things on my wrist.

Elyse
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

My One is also draining quickly since the update.  any news for us? and if there is a software fix, will it happen automatically when plugged in for charging?

thank you

Best Answer

Hi, wondering what was happening to my Fitbit one - battery would last for at least a week and now barely lasts a couple of days - with no difference in usage.  Must be to do with the update - hoping you can sort this soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the last update my FitBit One battery charge doesn't even last 24 hours and not syncing on my iPhone. Syncing on the iPad correctly but not the  iPhone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reply misses the point . She is talking about a change . I have that issue too. Always kept all day sync on and lasted 2 weeks .  Now days - less than a week 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband & I both have the One tracker. Mine is about 4 years old, and his about 2 years old. Since the last IOS 2.39 update we have also experienced extremely short battery life. Contacted support 2 days ago, where they had us restart 3 times and sync every hour so they could track what's going on. Both trackers were fully charged 8/21/07. This morning both were already going into the yellow. Always held charge for a week to 10 days before this. I contacted support again this morning, and this person was trying to tell me this was a normal time frame for the battery to go down. I argued that point asking why would both our trackers do the exact same thing at exactly the same time. The best this person could do was to offer a 25% discount for a new tracker. To me, this smells of a deliberate way to force people to buy new and more expensive trackers. He said that was not the case. Now that I see so many people in this forum with the same issue right after the most recent update, it seems even more deliberate to me. If this is the case, I will never buy another Fitbit product, and will discourage any of my friends from buying this product as well. What's happening makes no sense at all.

Best Answer

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000241 EndHTML:000003208 StartFragment:000001962 EndFragment:000003172 StartSelection:000001962 EndSelection:000003172 SourceURL:https://community.fitbit.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/one/message-id/67270

My husband & I both have the One tracker. Mine is about 4 years old, and his about 2 years old. Since the last IOS 2.39 update we have also experienced extremely short battery life. Contacted support 2 days ago, where they had us restart 3 times and sync every hour so they could track what's going on. Both trackers were fully charged 8/21/07. This morning both were already going into the yellow. Always held charge for a week to 10 days before this. I contacted support again this morning, and this person was trying to tell me this was a normal time frame for the battery to go down. I argued that point asking why would both our trackers do the exact same thing at exactly the same time. The best this person could do was to offer a 25% discount for a new tracker. To me, this smells of a deliberate way to force people to buy new and more expensive trackers. He said that was not the case. Now that I see so many people in this forum with the same issue right after the most recent update, it seems even more deliberate to me. If this is the case, I will never buy another Fitbit product, and will discourage any of my friends from buying this product as well. What's happening makes no sense at all.

Best Answer

I'm on hold with Fitbit as I write this. The customer service rep is acting like he's not aware of the problem. I told him that would probably be impossible not to know, as many people have been calling and posting on FitBit boards about it. He asked me exactly what is happening and when did it start. He wants me to try charging it using the wall plug instead of my computer. I told him he doesn't get it or isn't listening to me. It's not MY fitbit that is the problem. It's been a problem since the update to iOS 2.39. I've asked to have the call escalated, and am waiting on hold right now.

Best Answer

Erick, Thank you for acknowledging the problem. But your post was on Monday and it's now Wednesday. How long do you anticipate it taking before something is done to fix this situation? If Fitbit waits too long, I think you'll find people switching to Garmin or other devices like that.

Best Answer

Update to my phone call with Customer Service:

They escalated the call, however he continued to try to tell me it was my Fitbit that was the problem. Then he said I  should just wait, as they will be coming out with something new. I explained to him I didn't want to wear anything on my wrist and I asked if the new product will have to worn that way. He wouldn't answer. And I also said it doesn't solve the immediate problem of the battery draining on a daily basis. 

To me, it sounds as if they aren't working on a fix for it, in hopes that everyone will spend money on a new tracker.

I'm now seriously considering moving to another brand and will be doing my research in the coming days.

Best Answer

Sadly, programmers are not infallible.  Probably just a low level coder who made a fatal mistake and we are all suffering.  No reason to think the worst...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Let us know what you find on your research. I also do not want anything on my wrist!!!!
I will also look tonight.

Sent from Laura's iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just contacted customer service.  They claim I have dirty battery contacts.  Bull cookies 

i think everyone needs needs to contact customer service about this.  If enough do, perhaps they'll address it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't mind if a mistake is made. But I do mind that if many people have called in about the problem, and we are told it's our product that is the issue. As if, since the update, it all of a sudden there is something wrong with the Fitbit. They need to own up to it and get it fixed. 

Best Answer

This has been an issue for over a week now. When will it be fixed and why don't your customer service reps acknowledge instead of trying to sell a new product? 

Best Answer
0 Votes