Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not holding charge since iOS 2.39 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/9/2017: This issue has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Fitbit Update 08/21/2017: Several One users have reported that they are experiencing quick battery drain issues since updating their iOS app to the latest version, 2.39.

First off, thanks for taking the time to report this issue. Secondly, I can assure you that our team is currently investigating the root cause of this issue and will be hard at work to get a fix out as quickly as possible to get you all back on track. I will receive an update from them and will make sure to keep you all in the loop.

Thanks for your help with reporting this and for your continued patience. More to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
509 REPLIES 509

My fit bit won't hold charge

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, same issue here. Charge is lasting a couple days, and when I charge, it never shows the battery as full on the Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with my 16 month old Fitbit One recently not holding a charge . I called customer service today and spoke for a long time, between the agent and her speaking to a supervisor. They did not mention this was a known issue! Their solution was for me to buy a new FitBit at a 25% discount. I spent $99 already! They also seemed to push me to buy a more expensive model. I like the One! This is a problem in customer service communication. 

Best Answer
Thanks!! I'll try again to charge...Kind of in withdrawal! ;-D
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had mine for 4 years and just recently after the update it will only hold a charge for maybe 2 days.  It seems as if something has happened with update.  Thank you for looking into this, as it is quite an issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am really glad to see others have the same problem. I didn't even realize that it is since the update that my One doesn't hold the charge. 

Hope the problem will be resolved soon.

Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My One isn't holding a charge (for the last week) but I didn't update anything - are updates automatic?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I charged my One overnight and it didn't charge at all.  I'm happy it is not only me that is having the problem.  I thought I was going to have to buy a new One.  Hopefully, the problem is solved soon because I am lost without my Fitbit.

Best Answer

It is beyond the pale that a publicly traded company has such deceptive practices

Best Answer

Is there any update on this issue? I'm charging my one everyday, this is ridiculous 

Best Answer

i also posted on fitbit's facebook account and i recommend others doing the same if you have time.  i had an almost immediate response that they are working on it but it won't hurt for them to see how many others are having the same problem.  i'm hoping that the more comments, the higher the issue gets on their queue. 

Best Answer

I have posted to Fitbit's Facebook page. I hope this helps a bit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just posted it to FB as well, of course they stated they didn't hear of any issues. But they need to fix this! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit still has yesterdays date, steps, etc. It has not changed on the actual device, and my app is stating my battery is completely dead (which I just charged) and not connecting. I have restarted it 15 times with my change.  Help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine's doing the same. Have emailed Fitbit and wrote on the FB page. Thought my One was broken - glad I saw this. Only had it since December 2016, was fine up until the last week or so.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Absolutely poor customer service! Will be done with Fitbit if they don't resolve this, even though I love the One. Will never recommend their products either if this is how they treat loyal customers. Not everyone can wear a band due to allergies, so they will lose many customers. 

Best Answer

They are sending me a new one

Sent from my iPad

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I have been having this same issue for the last two months, however I use an Android phone.  Glad to see that others are having the same issue, I hope that means it will finally be addressed.  What I have noticed is that the Fitbit will stop automatically syncing, and withing less than 12-15 hours it will be dead.  I don't know if is how it is working with everyone else.  Had my Fitbit replaced under warranty 3 times, each time I have the same issue within a day or two.  Finally got frustrated and demanded a refund. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tip. I've turned off All-Day Sync and hope the battery life will last a bit longer.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Subai wrote:
Thanks for the tip. I've turned off All-Day Sync and hope the battery life will last a bit longer.

Susan Bollendorff-Bailey

I did that as well and it's now been holding a charge so far. Fingers crossed 

Best Answer
0 Votes