Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not holding charge since iOS 2.39 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/9/2017: This issue has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Fitbit Update 08/21/2017: Several One users have reported that they are experiencing quick battery drain issues since updating their iOS app to the latest version, 2.39.

First off, thanks for taking the time to report this issue. Secondly, I can assure you that our team is currently investigating the root cause of this issue and will be hard at work to get a fix out as quickly as possible to get you all back on track. I will receive an update from them and will make sure to keep you all in the loop.

Thanks for your help with reporting this and for your continued patience. More to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
509 REPLIES 509

I read thru the thread, tried turning off the "Sync all day" button, and reset three times. When I reset, the battery showed about 3/4 full even though I had just charged it.. It went to yellow (1/2 charged). It has been yellow for 4 days now. It might be normal, I will only know once I have to recharge it. Will update when I do. I have had my One for 4+ years, it replaced my Ultra. I will not buy a wrist type tracker. Most of them do not track sleep, a big reason why I got FitBit in the first place.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the record I too have encountered this issue over the past week.  I have always got 7 -10 days from a charge and now barely get 2 days.  Please fix!  I hate needy devices!  🙂

Best Answer
How did you contact them?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone,

Our engineers are still working on a fix, as soon as I hear more I will update this thread. I'm sorry I don't have more news at this time. Thanks as always for your patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

The release 2.39 in iOS was Aug 10th today is Aug 31st it seems you cannot find the error.  Normal protocol on a release with a bug that cannot be fixed is a rollback.  I think your team has reviewed long enough to say a rollback would be prudent. 

@KateFitbit wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Our engineers are still working on a fix, as soon as I hear more I will update this thread. I'm sorry I don't have more news at this time. Thanks as always for your patience. 

Best Answer

I think you are absolutely correct. I don't think Fitbit has any intention of fixing this problem-all while continuing to sell the remainders of their One's. I am saddened beyond words as I have been a very loyal Fitbit users & encouraged many others to buy their products as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally agree. We have two ONE’S, and neither will hold a charge for very long. When can we expect a solution?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue of a fitbit one (less than a year old) all of a sudden holding a charge for 2days ...let me know when you figure something out!

Steve

Best Answer
0 Votes
My husband also has a One but has a Samsung galaxy phone. He has had no issues with syncing, updating, etc. so it must be connected with iPhone update.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
The issue has moved on from not holding a charge. After trying the suggestion of restarting my device from one of the moderators, I am unable to sync with any of the apps. I spent over an hour on the phone with Fitbit and was unable to get the device to sync. The solution they offered was to replace my device which I welcomed as my current device is useless. I don't like/won't have a wrist unit, so yes, I will have the same issue of the charge not holding but I will have a device that works/syncs with the apps on my phone and iPad.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I won't do the restart that they said to do because that seems to cause syncing issues . Bad to worse . Really unimpressed with the response to this issue 

Best Answer

I think it's become apparent Fitbit does not care about the discarded One users and their issues.  Face it, our Ones no longer generate profits for the company so we are no longer worth their time.  I'm done with Fitbit after 6 years and moving on to another clip-on type device, either the Ozeri 4x3 Tri Mode Activity Tracker (tracks steps, miles and stairs climbed), one of the Striive models (steps, distance and stairs climbed) or the Garmin Vivofit 2 (steps and distance but not stairs climbed).  

Best Answer

Over the last week or so, not only doesn't it hold a charge, now it won't synchronize either, and as of around noon today, it won't even show anything, it is just black.  I would like to receive a replacement one, no charge.  Any   information or acknowledgement of your receiving this letter would be appreciated.

Best Answer

How do we get a replacement?  

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having these same issues, however, I use Android. I've tried turning the Bluetooth off on my phone, but the battery drain continues. This issue has gotten progressively worse. It went from having to charge ever couple days, to having to charge every day, to now having to charge every hour. Now in addition to the battery drain, the tracker will just shut off. Plugging it back in to the computer brings up the fun Fitbit 6.60 and shows a "full" battery. Customer service isn't even acknowledging that this has any connection to a system update, but implying that I have a defective tracker. Seems coincidental that these problems arose about the same time it was announced they would be discontinuing the One. Very disappointing to say the least. 

Best Answer

@DennyG wrote:

How do we get a replacement?  

Dennis Goodenow 

dkgoodenow@bellsouth.net

As our products worked fine until you @Fitbit messed with them we should get a HUGH discount from @Fitbit if not a FREE replacement of a product of our choice !!

Best Answer

ARG!!!! So I look at my app at bedtime to see my steps, and I have to log in. I log in and my steps were not listed for yesterday. This is getting so annoying! The charge is not holding and now it didn't even keep track of my steps. If you gonna change things how about an email saying you need to log in to update!!!!! Come on IT!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit will completely shut down, but when I plug it into my computer, and log onto Fitbit, it will show steps etc there, but it will not show up once I go back to my iPad. I cannot afford to buy new or different, I need this issue fixed, it's what keeps me on track every single day, and without it I am lost. Come on people, they broke the genetic code faster than you lot!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

So this morning I have received an email with an offer of a free replacement One or 50% off a new product. I have 30 days to decide. Why can't they just fix the app which seems to be the problem? I don't really want another kind of fitbit, I don't like a wrist tracker, don't like wearing a watch, but don't want to get another One if that's not the problem!!!!! Come on Fitbit just fix the app...

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

So this morning I have received an email with an offer of a free replacement One or 50% off a new product. I have 30 days to decide. Why can't they just fix the app which seems to be the problem? I don't really want another kind of fitbit, I don't like a wrist tracker, don't like wearing a watch, but don't want to get another One if that's not the problem!!!!! Come on Fitbit just fix the app...

Why give you only 30 days?  @Fitbit is nearing 30 days themselves and can't fix their broken coding. They keep saying they are working on the issue.  The offer should remain open as long as they are still working on their MAJOR issue. 

@I cannot believe their customer service act like there is no issues.  It is very demeaning saying the users device is the issue when in fact it is your Engineering issue and the fact that you don't want to sell ONE anymore. The fact that @fitbitsupport tweets only 3 days ago that "Though Fitbit One is a popular product , it will be removed...over the next few months" and the fact it is taking waaaaaaay to long to resolve this issue for thousands of folks has made me lower my confidence in any of your products.   I am not going to spend over $150 for a new device from you only for you to remove from your line in a couple of years and break it on a future release.

We use Vitality thru work and only Fitbit and Garmin devices sync to give us the needed data. Like many before in the thread I too love my ONE because of the clip.  Guess when Fitbit finally admits they won't do any more I'll go with Garmin vivofit 3 as you can take it out of the watch band and place it in a belt clip. In fact many at work are moving over to Garmin because their watch Fitbit products die before a year.  Another reason I love my ONE it was a workhorse that never quit.  Could be another reason for the discontinued product. No one ever had to replace their ONE because they were that good.

Best Answer