Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not holding charge since iOS 2.39 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/9/2017: This issue has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Fitbit Update 08/21/2017: Several One users have reported that they are experiencing quick battery drain issues since updating their iOS app to the latest version, 2.39.

First off, thanks for taking the time to report this issue. Secondly, I can assure you that our team is currently investigating the root cause of this issue and will be hard at work to get a fix out as quickly as possible to get you all back on track. I will receive an update from them and will make sure to keep you all in the loop.

Thanks for your help with reporting this and for your continued patience. More to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
509 REPLIES 509

I had the same problem so I bought a new one. Now that one needs to be charged every other day too so save your money!

Best Answer

I am not sure I make anymore Fitbit purchases. I think the way this update is being handled shows me this isn't a company that values it's customers. 

Do you think Iconic users would have to wait nearly two weeks for a fix? I think not.

Best Answer

I agree - and put your notes on their Facebook page - they seem to respond to that more quickly!

Best Answer
I don't see anyone's post on their Facebook page. Is it just Fitbit?

Sent from Laura's iPhone
Best Answer
I know I posted on there but couldn't see others. I think they are hiding the One complaints.

Jana
Best Answer
I believe you have to go to the tab community

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Ah!! Must be. Lol.
I purchased a Misfit. It has a band but comes with a clip too. Must be interchangeable. It will be delivered tomorrow. Can't wait. It also has an alarm option that I use a lot. Really gonna miss my One. Had it for 4 years. 🙁

Sent from Laura's iPhone
Best Answer

I have the same problem.  My One worked great, then suddenly dies two days after charging.   

Best Answer

This is crazy. I have to charge my One every other day and there is NO notification that the battery was ever even low. Although I think it still kept track of my steps. I have NEVER had a problem until this last update. I would recommend the One to everybody! But now, not so sure. Hope it gets fixed soon. Bad word of mouth can't be good for a company. 

Best Answer

Add me to the list of Fitbit One owners with this problem!  Mine is about two years old, has always held a charge for a week or more, but now it's draining fast and with little warning.  Have tried the reset instructions to no avail.  This is very frustrating!

Best Answer

Add me to the list of Fitbit One owners with this problem!

Also, I encountered some sort of problem in July, when the fitbit iPhone app drained the iphone battery with a daily usage of 3-4 hours of background activity. I turned alarms off on the fitbit and Bluetooth and 24h sync off on the iPhone. That sorted that out eventually. iPhone background activity is down to minutes again.

I am not looking at the fitbit One any more, not turning on the display, not setting any alarms, just syncing 4-5 times a day. A charge lasts for a week. I miss the low battery notifications, because this way I only ever get them on the PC dashboard.

Fitbit, please fix this!

Scotty

Best Answer

I have the problem too.   Is there any way to re-install (or re-release) the old version of the app until it is fixed?

Best Answer

How do you know it restarts if the screen no longer works??

Best Answer

Just do the restart three times as suggested, and see if that helps.  It didn't help me, but it may for you.

Best Answer

Doesn't work.  Tried MANY restarts 😞

Best Answer

Friday morning 1 September my battery went red line. I charged it, and this time the battery icon on the Fitbit screen showed FULL, which it had not done since the app update. It is still showing green as of Saturday night (before, it showed yellow by now). I have the all day sync OFF (and I miss the notice that the battery is LOW). I have been syncing 4 or 5 times a day. This band aid seems to work, just not really well. I have not found a new tracker that does everything I want. I hope the support staff do figure out a real fix.

@Curlyanne12 wrote:

I read thru the thread, tried turning off the "Sync all day" button, and reset three times. When I reset, the battery showed about 3/4 full even though I had just charged it.. It went to yellow (1/2 charged). It has been yellow for 4 days now. It might be normal, I will only know once I have to recharge it. Will update when I do. I have had my One for 4+ years, it replaced my Ultra. I will not buy a wrist type tracker. Most of them do not track sleep, a big reason why I got FitBit in the first place.

Best Answer

Log onto fitbit face page and leave a comment and share, maybe a few of us doing so might have more impact than just using the community.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I know a lot of people have done that including me and we still get nothing but the same answer how they are working on it!

I emailed them back again this morning.

Here was my email I sent them.....

Is there any update on this??
This is honestly ridiculous that it is not getting taken care of. Too many people are having the same issue and you continue to say we are working on it!!

I would like an honest answer
Best Answer

I sent them an email about this yesterday. This morning I woke up to this in my email ~

For us to investigate your tracker's battery behavior, we suggest to do a battery test by following the steps below:

1. Disable the features that can impact battery life as described in Can I improve my tracker's battery life?
  2. Fully charge your tracker.
  3. Sync your tracker 5-6 times a day. 
  4. Wear your tracker until it is fully depleted.

When your battery is completely drained, meaning that your tracker is no longer responsive and you no longer see the low battery indicator, let us know the day you fully charged your tracker and the day it was fully depleted.  

With this information, we’ll be able to better research how long your tracker's battery is lasting.

We also see that the Fitbit One is still available in fitbit.com. With that, may you let us know about the Fitbit One that is being done away as what you've mentioned?

About the Android device that you use in syncing the tracker, may you let us know the make and model of the device where you sync your tracker?

We look forward to the result of the test and to the requested information so we can investigate further, Stacey. Let us know if you have additional questions. 

SOooooooo I am gonna play along. I did charge it the other day and it was still at the same amount like it didn't go down. Maybe it was fixed? I also didn't sync with my S6, I think that may have something to do with battery power. Like I said, I will play along and let y'all know what happens!

Best Answer
That's the way I get the quickest response. However I've done everything they have told me to - restart a million times, let battery completely drain & I'm still waiting to hear back.

Jana
Best Answer