Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selective and no sync until restart - end of life?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

A day or two ago I noticed that the iOS app stopped registering stairs althought the step count increased in real-time as normal. This was at home, indoors, climbing a flight of stairs which virtually never fails. I tried about 10 climbs then decided to fully charge the battery which was half to two-thirds full but no change.  Next, after searching the forum/help I restarted the One -- at which point everything started working normally.

This morning, a new oddity -- neither the iOS app nor Windows Connect could connect to the device (last sync was about 23:30 last night). Again, a restart and all's working well - for now.

To me it looks like the hardware is trying to die gracefully. Are there any diagnostics or something I can try to get it back on track?

(One firmware version 60. [Restart displays fitbit 6.60])

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @a1.

The iOS app does not register anything - your Fitbit One tracker does. Setting the app aside for now, what did your Fitbit One's display show - did the floor show?  I am trying to understand if this is about your Fitbit One per se not registering the floors; or the floors not showing in the iOS app following a successful sync?

If you use your Web browser to navigate to www.fitbit.com and sign-on to your account, are the missing floors there on your main dashboard page or under the Log-Activities tab?

You may be right, perhpas your One has reached its EOL. But before we get there, let's try to eliminate other possible causes. One thing I would check is that your iOS and Windows computer are running the latest updates; and the Fitbit app on your iOS device and Fitbit Connect on your Windows computer are also up-to-date. 

It would also help us to give you more targeted tips if you gave us more information on your phone and computer.

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @TandemWalker and thanks for your rapid response.

Sorry, I should have said "display" rather than "register" for the app (fitbit 2.17 (452)) sitting on an iPhone5S, iOS 9.2. Worse, thinking about it, I wasn't clear about the original symptoms; the One didn't register the stairs (according to its display) so it's wasn't a sync issue - unlike today's event.

I'm now thinking issue 1 is hardware and recent forum posts suggest issue 2 could be hardware and/or software. I'm open to any ideas though.

Fitbit Connect 2.0.1.6742 running on Win10 Pro 1511 (build 10586.63).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @a1. How old is your Fitbit One? Did you delete the apps on both your phone and your computer and installed the latest version? Do you have the latest updates for Win 10? Do you have the latest firmware updates for your phone's firmware?

You can use this link to check for Fitbit app update on your phone: iOS Fitbit app updates.

Check your the Fitbit app on your Win 10 computer for updates.

Referring to my earlier post, did you have a chance to user your Web browser and navigate to www.fitbit.com and see if the missing floors are showing? If not, what is the date and time stamp shown at the top left of the main dashboard page - is it what you expect to see or out-dates? If the latter, please force a sync and see what happens.

It may be that the missing floors on the one day was just a temporary glitch, and that the restart cleared this up. You be the judge. As for the syncing issue that you're now experiencing, sometimes signing off your account, clearing your browser caches and signing back on again does the trick. Are you using the Fitbit dongle with your Win 10 computer? Not that you should, just asking if you do.

Cheers!

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The One was ordered in December 2012 to replace a lost Ultra (giving 18.9 million steps and counting...). Battery life remains good at 7 to 10 days.

Afaik, all PC/iPhone/One software and firmware versions are up-to-date with one exception -- I haven't checked the win10 tile app as I never use it (but apps are set to automatically update). I haven't deleted & reinstalled any of the devices' apps - updates have been over-the-top. The dongle is permanently attached to my PC and is the primary means of synchronisation -- all-day sync is enabled in the iPhone app but bluetooth is only rarely enabled on the phone.

There are no missing floors now, but, yes, at the time of issue 1 the web browser didn't show them (not surprising as the One didn't register them). For issue 2, yes, the dashboard was out of date with the last sync shown as being on the previous night.

The device failed to connect to both the iPhone app and Fitbit Connect via the dongle -- and the latter didn't get as far as asking for credentials (until post-restart) -- it looks like connection failure rather than an authentication, cache or other issue. Anyway, I'll keep watching and thanks for your input.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again @a1. Since your Win 10 computer is the primary means of synchronization, I'd like to offer a few tips and see if this makes a difference.

1. Disable all-day sync on the phone and log out the app.
  2. Since you're not using the Win 10 Fitbit app, delete it.
  3. Sign-off Fitbit Connect on your Win 10 PC, unplug the dongle from the USB port, clear your browser chache and perform a complete shut down.
  4. Boot up again, plug the dongle back in and wait for the system to recognize it.
  5. Click on Fitbit Connect from your "All apps" listing and when the window pops open, select "Sync Now"

What does the dashboard show for your last successful sync?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TandemWalker OK, thanks again. I'm going to leave it for now but will run through the list if it plays up again. One thing to rule out though -- I've just checked and the fitbit tile app isn't installed, I probably deleted it years/months ago and it may never have seen the light of day under win10.

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah, the plot thickens ... I'm now seeing the much discussed "More than One Tracker Found" message when attempting a manual sync via Fitbit Connect.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again @a1. Yes, an ugly one indeed, an issue that surfaced a day or two ago. I understand that the Fitbit engineers are hard at work trying to fix it. Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: the stair count has failed to register on the One again. This time a single restart made no difference. After several more attempts, holding the button down for up to a minute, it often didn't seem to respond. However, I saw "fitbit 6.60" at least three times and it's now working normally.

I think it's time for a replacement. I'm not keen on wrist attachments (that's why I don't track sleep) so I'll probably be ordering another One in the next few days...

Best Answer
0 Votes