Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps were way off after a routine 4 mile walk

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Typically a 4 mile walk registers between 7,644-8,846.  Today the walk registered correctly...8,345.  I walk as soon as I jump out of bed and get in workout clothes...tops, 10 mins.  When I got back from the walk today, the route was correct and so was the steps taken.  BUT, the One registered a total of 18, 401 steps!  I'd only been up and active for 1 hr, 10 min!

I have just reset the One hoping it will correct itself for tomorrow's walk.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and what did you do to correct it?

The One is almost a year old in Feb. '16.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Bay119. If your One is a year old, then you're not new at this game, so I'll spare you with the basics.

When you restarted your Fitbit One, did you get to see the Fitbit logo on your One's display followed by the firmware version number? If you can't remember, please repeat the restart process once or twice more making sure to hold the button down at least 15-20 seconds or until you do see the logo and firmware version on the display,

That count of 18401 steps in just 70 minutes is of course ridiculously high. Were you wearing your One to track your sleep over night? Can you think of any prevailing circumstances that could have triggerred the 3D axis accelerometer chip inside your One to register this many steps? The only such instances I've read about in these forums related to the tracker sitting on a table/desk where there was continuous and significant vibration, either coming from a fan or construction/renovation, causing enough movement for the tracker to register such ridiculous numbers.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes following a successful restart. I'm also interested in finding out if your One is running on the latest firmware. Cheers!

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Bay119. If your One is a year old, then you're not new at this game, so I'll spare you with the basics.

When you restarted your Fitbit One, did you get to see the Fitbit logo on your One's display followed by the firmware version number? If you can't remember, please repeat the restart process once or twice more making sure to hold the button down at least 15-20 seconds or until you do see the logo and firmware version on the display,

That count of 18401 steps in just 70 minutes is of course ridiculously high. Were you wearing your One to track your sleep over night? Can you think of any prevailing circumstances that could have triggerred the 3D axis accelerometer chip inside your One to register this many steps? The only such instances I've read about in these forums related to the tracker sitting on a table/desk where there was continuous and significant vibration, either coming from a fan or construction/renovation, causing enough movement for the tracker to register such ridiculous numbers.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes following a successful restart. I'm also interested in finding out if your One is running on the latest firmware. Cheers!

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer