Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washed and dried my Fitbit!!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hello everyone I have washed an dried my Fitbit one. I have put it in a bag of rice for 5 days. When it is connected to the charging cable it will sync. Also when on charger it will show Fitbit 6.6 an then the full battery. When it is not on the charger it won't do anything. I have even tried letting sit in 50% rubbing alcohol for a few minutes an dry it an put it back in rice still nothing.
Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I'm sorry It sounds like it ruin it. Smiley Sad

Some people have been lucky. But you have done all you can to revive it.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried giving it a restart?  While it is still plugged in, press and hold the button for 10-12 seconds, then unplug it and press the button again, and hopefully the screen will turn on.  Repeat two or three times before you give up -- it does sound like there is life in your buddy still, so maybe it will work.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
Yes I have. No luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm so sorry but it sounds like it is gone.

You can contact support and I'm sure they will offer you a discount on a new one

Email Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep - did the same thing a couple weeks ago and was heartbroken. But my 2.5 year old Fitbit One keeps on ticking - love that lil' guy! Today was the first day that I noticed that the charge wasn't holding as long, tho'. 

My hubby is an IT guy and with all electronics (including cell phones) that accidentally take a swim in toilets, pools, and in our case, washing machines, he recommends totally flushing the device with distilled water as quickly as possible. Soaps and chemicals in the water will dry on the circuit boards, so just putting it in rice to dry out won't do the trick. It might work for awhile, but the chemical residue will eventually fry the circuits. If you can't flush the device before it dries, you may have to let it soak in a glass of distilled water overnight to get the chemicals to re-dissolve and then flush it again with fresh distilled water before drying it in rice. Good luck!

Best Answer

I am going to try this. I'm so disappointed. When I plug in the charger it just blinks once, then nothing else. I tried the rice so hopefully when I try soaking then the rice again it will help.

Best Answer
0 Votes