Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water damage

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit one went through entire wash cycle

Managed to start it once with the trick shown on YouTube 

it concked off again now

is there a way out? 

Does fitbit cover it in warranty?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

WElcome to the Community @DocMandy! It's sad to hear that your tracker got washed. Place your tracker into a bowl of dry rice for 24 hours. This will extract any moisture still inside. Then try doing the restart 2 or 3 times in a row. If your tracker still unresponsive contact the Support Team so they can review your device history and check your options. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

*fingers crossed* Cat Embarassed

Best Answer

This story has a happy ending. My FitBit One went through a full cycle in the washing machine last Tuesday. I put it in dry rice for 2 days, but no response. Tried again a couple of days later, still nothing. Today, Monday, while I was on live chat with customer support to see if there was anything else I might do, I put it in the charger for one last try, and it revived! It's charged, it synced, it knows it's now daylight savings time, all's well. It took 6 days, but it came back to life. So patience, in my case, paid off. And of course I'll be more careful checking pockets of stuff in the laundry hamper. I also told Luis O., in customer support, that he has magical powers.

Best Answer

@HarneyThat's awesome it came back to life!

@DocMandyHope yours comes back as well. Keep us posted!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hi there @Harney

It's great to hear that you're back on track! Robot Very Happy Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! Give it a look!

See you around! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer