Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the best place to wear my fit it one?

SOLVED
I have a fit bit one which I wear inside my bra so I don't lose it, but it counts more steps if I wear it on my hip. What is the best place to wear it ?
Accepted Solution
0 Votes
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

KatieB wrote:

I have a friend that always wears it on her bra strap but she gets inaccurate readings. I think there may be extra bounce. ;0)

From the manual:

"The Fitbit One is most accurate when worn on or very close to your torso".

Also see:

https://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/articles/853667

Dominique | Finland

Ionic/Alta HR, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.2 | Motorola Moto G5 (Android 7.0), iPad Air (iOS 11.2.1)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Accepted Solution
19 REPLIES

I think it is the most accurate on your hip, placed over your knee. I usually put mine in my front right pocket but with the unit inside the pocket and clip showing on outside. It seems more secure that way. I used to check it constantly but I've been wearing it there for a long time, almost 2 years now. I mainly check it while in/out of the car. And am extra careful around the bathroom toilet (I step away from toilet before pulling up pants. It fell in once!)

I have a friend that always wears it on her bra strap but she gets inaccurate readings. I think there may be extra bounce. ;0)

The only concern I have with wearing Fitbit in the middle is if I were to sweat too much. 

Please remember to vote or mark the response that helped you as solved.
Fitbit Flex 2/ Samsung S5.
Accepted Solution

IMO, the best place is one with the smallest risk you'd lose it. If memory serves, both clipped to your bra and to your hip should be OK. I wouldn't be worried about any small difference in step count. What you'd want to avoid is having it in a loose pocket.

If/when clipping it to your bra, you may want to make sure you don't damage (or worse, lose) the small plastic bit at the end of the clip (the darker piece with the text Fitbit on it). A lady friend of mine managed to lose hers and once it's gone, it's very difficult/uncomfortable to use the clip.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic/Alta HR, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.2 | Motorola Moto G5 (Android 7.0), iPad Air (iOS 11.2.1)

Accepted Solution

That is weird.  I have had my fitbit for over 3 years now- have worn it both on hip and inside bra- and have not noted any difference in steps.  I have never heard or seen that anywhere.  I have the older model- have not ever lost it wearing either place. .. the issue in the bra is if it gets sweaty - your fitbit may get wet (depending which way you face the device!).  Good luck w/ it- I ove mine.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

KatieB wrote:

From the manual:

"The Fitbit One is most accurate when worn on or very close to your torso".

Also see:

https://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/articles/853667

Dominique | Finland

Accepted Solution

I wore mine inside my waist band for a year but kept nearly losing it in the toilet. I tried wearing it on my bra but quickly realized the the skin there is way too sensitive for that! (sore that took weeks to heal). Now I wear it inside my front pocket. The trouble with this location... I just ran it thru the washer and dryer! It survived, thankfully. I'm thinking about trying it on my shoe.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Does it have to be worn in the front of the body?  Can it be worn on my bra, sort of under my arm?

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I started wearing mine on my shoe a few months ago, and it seems to give me the most accurate reading, according to my own counting and to my Garmin watch.

Accepted Solution

If all you care about is number of steps, wearing it on your shoe is probably fine.  If you care at all about calories or active minutes, wearing a One on your foot is going to produce vastly exaggerated estimates. 

Mary | USA

Fitbit One

Still seeking answers? The Fitbit help articles are a great place to look.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I just started mine today. It was a replacement for the force (yes, I got the dreaded rash). Because of the rash, I refuse to wear it close to my skin. I wear it in my front pants pocket. It seems to be within 3-4 steps but I will give it another go tomorrow.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

rumor23 wrote:

I just started mine today. It was a replacement for the force (yes, I got the dreaded rash). Because of the rash, I refuse to wear it close to my skin. I wear it in my front pants pocket. It seems to be within 3-4 steps but I will give it another go tomorrow.

Loose in my pocket always gave me more steps and, presumably because of all the bouncing up and down and side to side.  Clipped to my waistband, or a side pocket (facing inward) work best for me. But you know, it doesn't really matter, as long as you wear it the same way all the time; because your trend (from day to day, week to week and so forth) is what counts.  Whether or not there are extra steps here and there, who cares - as long as the error factor is relatively constant, your trend over time should indeed show your fitness progress.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I just replaced my Force with the One.  I loved having the Force on my wrist so I could check the time, steps, etc., easily.  I tried clipping the One to the cuff of my jacket.  It is very secure, in fact I have a hard time removing it.  Will it be accurate if worn on the wrist like this? 

I was bummed that it did not pick up my stairs accurately, though.  This is the same flight in my house that I'm up and down throughout the day.  The Force got every flight, but so far the One misses some.

Thanks!

Jean
Accepted Solution

The One will not be accurate worn on the wrist.  It's assigning calories as if the movement it detects is coming from a torso.  

Mary | USA

Fitbit One

Still seeking answers? The Fitbit help articles are a great place to look.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

jachang wrote:

I just replaced my Force with the One.  I loved having the Force on my wrist so I could check the time, steps, etc., easily.  I tried clipping the One to the cuff of my jacket.  It is very secure, in fact I have a hard time removing it.  Will it be accurate if worn on the wrist like this? 

I was bummed that it did not pick up my stairs accurately, though.  This is the same flight in my house that I'm up and down throughout the day.  The Force got every flight, but so far the One misses some.

Thanks!

I would not worry too much about stairs/floors.  Floors, either recorded by the One or the Force before it, count for absolutely nothing more than just that, a statistic, a floor count, nothing else.  Whether a floor registers doesn't matter because ALL yours steps for going up and down the stairs get recorded together with their inherent caloric burn value.

Here is a link that explains how your tracker pikcs up floors:

https://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/articles/183843

So if your stairs at home do represent at least 10' in elevation and it is a continuous climb, your One should pick it up. If your staircase is close to 10' in elevation, it will pick up some and miss some.  If your Force was picking them all up, that's because the Force is calibrated differently and perhaps it is more sensitive to upward movement. But since floors don't carry any other value than increasing the floor count, I don't think it's a big deal.

Accepted Solution

I highly recommend the FlipBelt.  It's sleek enough to be worn under anything, but is stretchy, so you can wear it on top of clothes if you prefer.  It holds the One securely against your body, but without any added bulk.  The FlipBelt website has lots of info, pics, colors, prices, etc.  You can buy from them, amazon, etc.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

BE careful I lost mine off my shoe out of the case and didn't know it.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Be careful I lost mine out of the case and didn't know it wearing it on my shoe.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Totally agree with this suggestion to put the fitbit inside the pocket with the clip on the outside.  DO NOT put the fitbit on the outside of the pocket where it can snag a chair arm, seatbelt, or other obstruction.  My fitbit somehow got jarred outside of the clip within a week of when I started using it.  It has not turned up yet, and I've written it off.  It's a neat gadget and tool, but I no one can afford to lose them at that rate.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

It needs to be worn near your torso not on your wrist/arm. Its the impact of walking etc that triggers the steps. Your arms are random as they dont always move with each step. You are measuring STEPS not arm movement. There is a difference.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I wear my One on my shoe clipped to my laces but facing inward so it doesn't pop out of the case. 

Accepted Solution
0 Votes