Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it Showing Calories already Burned?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone know why my FitBit One starts off showing that I've burned 700+ calories even though I have not taken one step?

Thanks 🙂

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

As well as tracking calories burned through activity your fitbit also tracks your BMR calories. These are the calories you burn just keeping your body alive (even when asleep ). They are calculated from your profile settings so you needn't be wearing your fitbit to get them. What you are seeing in the morning is the total BMR calories burned since midnight.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

As well as tracking calories burned through activity your fitbit also tracks your BMR calories. These are the calories you burn just keeping your body alive (even when asleep ). They are calculated from your profile settings so you needn't be wearing your fitbit to get them. What you are seeing in the morning is the total BMR calories burned since midnight.

Best Answer
Wow - thanks very much!

--
Best Answer
0 Votes

@TisMeD Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for posting your inquiry about calories burned in your dashboard or BMR.

I went ahead and marked @SteveH's response as an "Accepted Solution" on this thread. That way, other users can benefit from it. 

I also wanted to leave the help article related to BMR in here for users to also check that important information out: 

Hope this helps. See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes