Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will not sync. Had it for a long time and know most things to try but no success so far. Please help

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will not sync. Had it for a long time and know most things to try but no success so far. Please help.

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

It is a Fitbit one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit one won't sync

Best Answer

My One has not synced since Aug 1. I have never had an issue with my One. Please advise as to the problem!

Best Answer

Sometimes they stop syncing and there's nothing we can do to remedy it. I've got a beautifully functional One that charges and tracks steps but won't sync. It gets as far as detecting the tracker then times out when attempting to add it. I assume like myself you've tried all the troubleshooting steps in this forum. This being the case, you'll, unfortunately, most likely need to replace the tracker. Cheers!

Best Answer

Mine just did this again.  Do a hard reset of the One to begin with - with the One plugged into it's charger cable, hold down the button for 10-15 seconds.  Then unplug it from the charger, and press and hold the button until the display is active.  I then press the button to cycle through the displays so that it's showing current information.  Next, if you're monitoring behavior on your phone, turn Bluetooth off and then back on.  If your phone shows you the Bluetooth devices it can see when Bluetooth is turned back on, check to verify it sees the One.  Force stop the Fitbit program and then reopen it.  Go to your One settings and force a sync.  The phone should see the One and after several seconds have a current sync.

I went through this process last night and noticed it did not sync again until I just forced a resync now.  I no longer see the continuous sync option on the phone, so maybe syncing is fully manual now, which would be a complete PITA....

Best Answer

Try restarting your phone as well - seems to work every time for me 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I Uninstaller fit it and reinstalled . Seems to be working fine now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I have it syncing now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is what I just did and it is syncing now. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine also seems to back to it's good old self and syncing again.

Best Answer

That's good that it is syncing again. Long me ours continue to do so. Watch this space as they say.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try using the charger that it came with. Put the Toggle that looks like half of the mushroom in the computer's hard drive at the bottom slot. The 2nd adapter that has the 2 metal prongs, that is where you place your ONE into and place that in the top slot of the hard drive. Match it with the symbol which looks like a spaceship icon it's a long arrow with a small ball on the end, with a small square on the left with a string attached and a small balloon on a string on the left. Mine always charges faster thru the hard drive. It should sync. Unless you had a power outage? There are no batteries to switch out of this model, your charging cable does the re-charging. You can buy a new one. I hope this helps you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your help. I have it syncing now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I'm glad you figured it out. Another way to check if you have it synced is in the upper right-hand corner. There is a pull-down feature that you click on before logging out. It shows a symbol of the full charge battery. Or it will show it's half of the battery this will let you know you are synced or not. Even If you are sitting at the computer it will show due to that toggle that is in your hard drive. That is your helper of staying on. Before I would take off my Fitbit and lay it on the hard drive trying to sync it. Nope, it didn't work. But I'm happy for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try using the charger that it came with. Put the Toggle that looks like half of the mushroom in the computer's hard drive at the bottom slot. The 2nd adapter that has the 2 metal prongs, that is where you place your ONE into and place that in the top slot of the hard drive. Match it with the symbol which looks like a spaceship icon it's a long arrow with a small ball on the end, with a small square on the left with a string attached and a small balloon on a string on the left. Mine always charges faster thru the hard drive. It should sync. Unless you had a power outage? There are no batteries to switch out of this model, your charging cable does the re-charging. You can buy a new one. I hope this helps you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that info too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much for these instructions.  It worked!  Been driving me crazy that I couldn't sink.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Still doesn’t work for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is not syncing either. HOWEVER, I left it on in the pool last Friday and even though it is still working, it's not syncing. Did I "break it"? 

Best Answer
0 Votes