Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish there was a way to reset my steps.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I wish there was a way to reset my steps when I wake up in the morning. Its 12:35am and shows that I have walked over 250 steps, which is not true. I just put mine on my wrist for sleep tonight and am in bed. Wish Firbit would come up with a way to reset my Fitbit one.
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

@Groundsquirrel wrote:
I wish there was a way to reset my steps when I wake up in the morning. Its 12:35am and shows that I have walked over 250 steps, which is not true. I just put mine on my wrist for sleep tonight and am in bed. WishFirbit would come up with a way to reset my Fitbit one.

@Groundsquirrel Welcome, Smiley Happy You will lose more sleep worrying about it. Fitbit is a movement detector and that is what happens with wrist movement. Typically I get 350 steps over 8 hours while sleeping. With my Charge HR I get steps from loading the Dishwasher, non with my Fitbit One. While shopping with a trolley I get no steps with the Charge HR but a full compliment with the Fitbit One of about 1,100 steps on a typical large shop.

All Fitbits have a maximum design error of +/-5% which is 500 steps on 10,000 steps so I wouldn't worry about it. You are using the most accurate Fitbit in the range for steps and I use the Fitbit One as my "gold standard" for steps.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

@Groundsquirrel If you really want to nullify the steps you use a manual record in the Activity Log section by typing Driving into the search box and filling out the boxes.

If you want to use that method for other unwarranted steps elsewhere, be aware that it will only give you calories slightly higher or equal to your BMR.

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@Groundsquirrel wrote:
I wish there was a way to reset my steps when I wake up in the morning. Its 12:35am and shows that I have walked over 250 steps, which is not true. I just put mine on my wrist for sleep tonight and am in bed. WishFirbit would come up with a way to reset my Fitbit one.

@Groundsquirrel Welcome, Smiley Happy You will lose more sleep worrying about it. Fitbit is a movement detector and that is what happens with wrist movement. Typically I get 350 steps over 8 hours while sleeping. With my Charge HR I get steps from loading the Dishwasher, non with my Fitbit One. While shopping with a trolley I get no steps with the Charge HR but a full compliment with the Fitbit One of about 1,100 steps on a typical large shop.

All Fitbits have a maximum design error of +/-5% which is 500 steps on 10,000 steps so I wouldn't worry about it. You are using the most accurate Fitbit in the range for steps and I use the Fitbit One as my "gold standard" for steps.

Best Answer

@Groundsquirrel If you really want to nullify the steps you use a manual record in the Activity Log section by typing Driving into the search box and filling out the boxes.

If you want to use that method for other unwarranted steps elsewhere, be aware that it will only give you calories slightly higher or equal to your BMR.

Best Answer