Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't find or add friends

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't seem to find or add any friends. I have an iPhone and have added emails to some contacts and still nothing....?

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

hi I am trying to add a friend on fit bit and I did what you said to do and it wouldn't notify my friend. I don't know If its the fit bit app or if there is another way to do it. 

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having problems adding people as friends on the Fitbit app. My partner just got one but I can’t find him or my friends to add 

Best Answer

I have bought my child a Fitbit ace 2, set it up through my family account but how do I add friends for him? I can’t find my friends usernames to search for them that way, he obviously doesn’t have Facebook or contacts and my friends came from being added through Facebook. Help please so he can compete with his older brother! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this some kind of purgatory? I can’t add friends either. I can’t even connect to my Facebook account on the app or website. This is madness

Best Answer

Join the club. I brought this issue up and how nothing is being done about it.  The "administrator" felt the need to put me in "Fitbit community jail".  I wish I could talk to someone higher up.  Clearly there is an software issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am becoming so over trying to find my friend and find challenges. This new app is so awful. I’m about ready to discontinue Fitbit. So sad I loved the old version.

Doesn’t work as not all of the contacts are showing. Facebook never connects 🤷🏼‍:female_sign:

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Hi, I am getting the following error msg when trying to load friends for the challenges:

"Failed to send Friend request.

[Error 403][URL://https://android-cdn-api.fitbit.com/1.1/user/-/friends/invitations]

Pls help.

Best Answer

Both my sister and I got fitbits and neither one of us can add friends. It just keeps saying that there are no contacts, no Facebook friends and no email contacts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did that too it won't work

Best Answer

I haven't been able to add/accept/delete friends via the app for months now - only way I can do it is via the dashboard - and then, my friends lists on the app and dashboard don't tally!

Best Answer

Hey I can’t seem to find my friends on Fitbit and they can’t find me either can you help me out

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I clicked on (possible) friends names on the community page and it went to their personal page and I could click add or request friend.  Hope it works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, this is so frustrating. Why is it that when I try to add friends with Facebook I get a message saying I have no contacts this is the same for all the tabs

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

I am having same issue have tried everything still doesnt work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

The issue with adding friends through Facebook is that not only do you have to enable Fitbit to communicate with Facebook, but in order to find them, they also need to enable Fitbit to communicate with Facebook.

What may ultimately be the easiest way to get your friends added is to:

1. Go to your dashboard.
  2. Click on your picture on the top right on the screen (if you hover it should say "Your Profile"), this will take you to your profile page.
  3. This is your profile; your friends can friend you through this page.
  4. Copy the URL to this page and post it on Facebook, asking your Facebook friends to friend you on Fitbit.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I'm trying to accept a fiend request but when I press accept it works for a little bit then it says we're not friends.

Best Answer

Same here!

Best Answer

I get an error message when I try to add my friend's using email addresses. Says the following::: fail to send friend request error 403

Best Answer
0 Votes

So you can't add any friends from contacts or facebook.unless they have a fitbit as well?

Best Answer

Hi all,

What I think is the most effective way to get friended on Fitbit is to post your Fitbit profile page URL (either on Facebook, e-mail or text) and have your friends send a friend request from there.  See my previous post on this thread for details.

The advantage to doing it this way:

• You don't need to search by name (or username) which can be ambiguous.  I have multiple 'Jeff W' on my friends list.
  • You don't need to this by e-mail address.  Maybe you created your Fitbit account with an e-mail that you don't use with your friends (and thus they won't find you when they search by e-mail)...  Maybe this is a casual friend with which you don't want to share your e-mail address...

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes