Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't find or add friends

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't seem to find or add any friends. I have an iPhone and have added emails to some contacts and still nothing....?

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

@Czorn1983 @TearAngel81 It's possible you've successfully added your friends but can't see them. Something changed with Fitbit during the past 2 months, and no longer shows ranking on the main web dashboard, but if you hover on "Fitbit is more fun with friends" and click "More", you'll see your friends list and be able to invite by email or connect Facebook. Around the time this "broke" on the web, the Android app stopped showing friend's steps and everyone appears as inactive. As @PureEvil suggested, you can also share your profile URL directly on your Facebook wall or message it to people to add you.

@TearAngel81 correct, unless your friends have a Fitbit account you can't add them to Fitbit friends. They don't need a tracker, they can set up a free account with MobileSync. Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried the various methods of adding friends that are detailed in this forum, and nothing works.

The whole point in having to watch was to link with my wife. May as well send it back if I cant link it 😞

Best Answer

@SimonJF,

Welcome to the community!

Have your wife try this:

1. On her phone, go to the Fitbit.com dashboard:  http://www.fitbit.com.  She may have to log in with her account information.
  2. Go to your profile page:  https://www.fitbit.com/user/8L7MCD
  3. Click on the "Add Friend" button.

You should then get a notification on your phone or e-mail.  Simply accept it.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the dashboard

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Freya08,

Try this:

1. Go to your web browser, not the Fitbit App...  Your web browser.
  2. In the address bar, type: http://www.fitbit.com.
  3. Enter your credentials.

That's your online dashboard.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me user name 

Vgang 

g.escalona@hotmail.com

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still get error 403

Best Answer

Can you no longer add a new friend using their User name, when I try on my android phone I get an error message?

Best Answer

@Peppikaye we've never been able to add members by their username but rather their account, though I can see where it may appear as their name. Some ways that may help you would be if you have friends in common with the person you'd like to add is browse the friend's friends list and click the small plus sign to add them. You can also do this from challenges. I think it's easiest from the website to share usernames, as you can ask your friend to right-click their picture to give you their account URL and from there you just click on add friend. I hope this helps? Keep smiling and keep stepping 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a new phone used smart switch EVERYTHING moved over fitbit app works great, added my Versa to the new app. Do not see any of my friends from old phone. Do not see the workweek hiustle  or weekend one either. How do i transfer friends over to new app. It is logged into same acct yet no friends or events on new phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JohnTMacD,

When you set up the new phone did you create a new account or log-in with your old account?  It sounds like you created a new account.  Log out, log in to your old account and add your Versa to your account.

Your old account should have a list of all your friends and challenges that you were participating in.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's 2021 now. I also have this issue 

Best Answer

i open the fitbit app on my phone ... where is the + sign?  I see no + sign .. Iphone user

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I open ap, I click on community, then friends. I have a circle with a +and head of person. I click this then I can add friends.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer