Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.fitbit.http error 400 when trying to add One

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

My One stopped communicating with the app (running on an iPhone 8). Was previously fine.

I keep getting this error 400 when trying to add the device. 

My phone can clearly see the One as:

1. It shows up in the bluetooth devices on the iPhone

2. The app detects the presence of the One and prompts it to display a 4 digit code during set up

But....then I get the error.

So far I have:

1. turned bluetooth off for a minute or so then back on

2. turned the iphone off/on

3. logged out of the fitbit app

4. uninstalled/reinstalled the app (with iphone) reboot in between - just clear cache etc

5. tried to reset the One using the 12sec method (but this is not working)

I'm stuck now.  Can anyone please advise?

Thanks so much, Mark 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Nice to see you on the Fitbit Community @MarkAus1Smiley Happy

Thanks a million for trying those steps, you did a great job! Sorry to hear you’re seeing a “400 error” when attempting to set up your One. 

If you are using an iOS, Android, Windows 10, or Windows Phone app to set up your tracker, please try to set it up on a different mobile device or computer (if available) log into your Fitbit account and try updating your firmware.

Note that if you get notifications from your mobile device on your tracker, before you can use a different device or computer you need to follow the instructions in Why is my tracker only syncing with one mobile device?

We really appreciate your feedback, thanks!

Let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to getting you back on track.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Nice to see you on the Fitbit Community @MarkAus1Smiley Happy

Thanks a million for trying those steps, you did a great job! Sorry to hear you’re seeing a “400 error” when attempting to set up your One. 

If you are using an iOS, Android, Windows 10, or Windows Phone app to set up your tracker, please try to set it up on a different mobile device or computer (if available) log into your Fitbit account and try updating your firmware.

Note that if you get notifications from your mobile device on your tracker, before you can use a different device or computer you need to follow the instructions in Why is my tracker only syncing with one mobile device?

We really appreciate your feedback, thanks!

Let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to getting you back on track.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @YojanaFitbit.

I did try setting the One up on my old iphone (which for a number years also worked fine with the One) however, I get this same error 400 after keying the 4 digits.  Like my current iphone, the old iphone can clearly see the One as the momement I try to set it up, the One responds with the 4 digit code.

Because I can't connect (iphone or Win10 fitbit app), I can't do a firmware upgrade.  I'm on 6.64.

I've noticed tha error 400 appears in these forums quite a bit but I've yet to see any explain what this code actually means? I only see steps similar to what you have kindly provided.  Do you happen to know?  Knowing this might point me closer to a solution.

Really hope I can get this sorted soon as I use the one in a wrist band as a discret alarm clock so that I don't wake up my wife!

Thanks, Mark

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarkAus1 Thanks for your reply and for sharing all of those details about the error you are getting. Thanks for trying the steps provided above. 

Not sure what the error means, but I've seen users getting this solved by trying all of the steps shown on this helpful article. Feel free to try them in the order given there for best results.

If you keep experiencing the same afterwards, please let me know.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still seeking help from fitbit crew please?  Have tried all steps suggested but still getting the 400 error.  My One is clearly able to communicate with the app but that app cannot communicate with fitbit.com

Have tried different phones, different networks, different mobile carriers, different fitbit accounts.  This was all working fine for years.  The common elements here are the fitbit app and fitbit.com

Please help.

Thanks, Mark

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarkAus1 Thanks for your reply and for trying the steps provided and share all of those details. 

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really appreciate you doing that @SantiR.  Thanks again, Mark

Best Answer

@MarkAus1 You are very welcome! I truly hope you'll get a solution to get back on track.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Recently,I  started using my Fitbit one again and linked it successfully to my android Samsung and my Apple and my iPad, though it never got the steps right against the One, eg 11,000 when I’d had over 15,000. Now however I cannot pair on any. I’ve uninstalled, reinstalled, switched off, switched back on. Taken it to one device. Nothing. Usually it can’t see the device. When it does it comes up with error 400.

Best Answer
0 Votes