Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dongle not recoginzed even tho it's plugged in.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I select fitbit app to synch, 75% of the time I get message "plug in the dongle".   The dongle is in my computer ALL THE TIME.   I have to unplug it and plug it back in.  WHY is this happening and is there a plan to fix it sometime soon?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Did you try a different USB port?

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to see you around more often @PatriciaMc! I noticed @WendyB asked you a great question! Cat HappySince you're receiving that message, try plugging the dongle into another USB port on your computer and see if it is recognized once again. If it is still not being recognized my best advise would be to contact our Support team and let them know about this so they provide you with a good solution for this.

Let me know how it goes! Man Wink

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have used different ports in the past, same result.   It it not that the port doesn't work.  It is that I have to UNPLUG AND PLUG IT BACK IN to  get the dongle recognized by the fitbit app.  I leave it plulgged in all the time.   Why does it mysteriously not recognize it after awhile?  To get it to work, I repeat, I have to unplug and then plug it back in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @PatriciaMc thanks for the update! Smiley HappyCan you let me know if you're using a Mac or a PC?

Keep me posted! Robot Happy

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

iMac .......

Best Answer
0 Votes