Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit all of a sudden over counting floors.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fit bit one is over counting stair/floors.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Mine does that periodically too. Restarting it has always solved the problem. If you don't know how to restart, see http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you I will try that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, the Fitbit's measure of air pressure can be thrown off by a storm, or a fan blowing on it, for example. But usually restarting it will reset it so that it stops overcounting.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank You!! I will try your suggestion.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the restart but I did not seem to work. I followed the directions. It went to the sleep countdown or went blank but when i took it out of the charger cable it just came back on as I pulled it out. And still counting stairs when I am just walking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can tell if it has reset because it will show the firmware version number (either 6.60 or 6.64), and then when you look at the counts it will say STEPS, STAIRS, etc. for the first few times.

Others recommend restarting 3 times to completely reset. Also, as I said, if you are in the midst of a storm causing air pressure changes, that could be what your One is registering.

Best Answer

Hello to all that reached out to me. Well my one has reset all by itself. It must have been our blizzard and our really really cold weather here in NJ. Thank You to everyone!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You were right it must have been our blizzard here in NJ that caused the problem. Today it is back to normal. Our really really cold weather is coming to an end. It feels like we are in a heat wave at 25. Happy New Year and I hope it is an awesome one.

Best Answer