Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit one not turning on aside from sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ive just got both myself and my son a fitbit one. I am trying to set them up, and seem to be having the same problem on each of them, which is them not turning on aside from the sync. They are both fully charged, but the only thing i am able to get out of the is when connected to a charger or the computer, i am able to get them to flash up with the fitbit 6?? On the screen. and then it changes briefly to the battery symbol before going black and staying black. The only other thing they will do is give me the code thingo to allow the connection to the phone for sync. Other than that, it is like they are not doing anything at all. Obviously i am aware that i can only have one of them connected to my account at a time, and that is fine, its just i cant get them to turn on or whatever besides the above. The both have full battery, and show as full on the phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Just an update for you, fitbit emailed me back, told me BOTH are faulty (common fault from factory?) and to return to store. I did this today, and it has been confirmed they are BOTH faulty! I now have replacements, and both replacements work perfect! Thanks for your help! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

You say they have a full battery. Does that mean that the battery charging display shows when you push the button when on charge? And I assume there is no response from the button when not plugged into the charger.

When you sync is it showing any steps on your dashboard? Just wondering if it's a display issue or a more general problem.

I'm a bit concerned that it flashes up Fitbit 6 (which I think may be 60) which is the firmware version. This normally only shows when the One is rebooted or when it starts charging after a battery depletion. It might be worth trying a restart even though it's difficult to understand why 2 fitbits would have the same problem. Here's the process:

1. Plug your charging cable into your computer.
  2. Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger.
  3. Hold down your tracker's button for 10-12 seconds.
  4. Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I say the battery is full because is says that on the phone and a battery symbol (to me, it look like its full - a large battery taking up the entire screen of the fitbit, shaded in) and i have also followed the charge instructions. Other than the brief battery symbol coming up on the screen, and the fitbit sign 6.60 before that, it goes black, showing nothing. When not plugged in, it shows nothing on the screen. With 2 doing the same thing, makes me think i am doing something wrong, but i have followed all instructions, link, and trouble shooting i can find. I dont seem to be able to do the reset thing because they dont turn on long enough to do that. Its sync's alright, like its waiting all done, and just for me to do stuff to give it to sync again, but the tracker is not 'on' so nothing shows. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry for the silly question but when it's off the charger and you press the button are you seeing anything at all on the screen?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, nothing. When it's not come red to charger, it shows nothing on screen, won't turn on, won't do anything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm afraid I'm at a loss. If it were just one tracker then I would suspect a faulty button on the One but to have 2 with the same problem is difficult to believe. I hope someone else can explain what's happening. While you wait for posts you may want to contact customer support to see if they can help:

https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs&co=UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, me too! And that's exactly why I tried the second one, thinking there was something wrong with the first. I've also been onto them, and they keep going over all of the above also. So frustrating. Thanks for your help though! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just an update for you, fitbit emailed me back, told me BOTH are faulty (common fault from factory?) and to return to store. I did this today, and it has been confirmed they are BOTH faulty! I now have replacements, and both replacements work perfect! Thanks for your help! 

Best Answer

That's good to hear (even if surprising). Thanks for letting us know.

Best Answer
0 Votes