Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting skin burns from the ONE on my breast!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am a loyal fitbit user since 2011, but am now concerned.  I have always worn the device in my pocket when wearing pants, but I now wear dresses frequently and clip the fitbit to my bra.  Over a month ago, I noticed my skin would itch where i was wearing it so I switched sides.  Then I noticed a blister on my breast like a burn mark.  I stopped wearing the fitbit immediately.  I've worn it once since in my pocket.  I'm scared to wear it on my skin as I fear more burns or worse like cancer.  Now what do I do?

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1
@heather86, are you wearing the Fitbit facing outward (so only the plastic/silicone clip touches your skin) or inward (so the faceplate of the actual device is touching your skin)? Fitbit's own product info says "The One is not designed to be worn in direct contact with your skin. Always wear the silicone holder when clipping it to a bra or waistband, with the display facing outward. Do not wear the One inside your bra." I ask because I have very sensitive skin myself and always wear my One clipped to my underwear, with the display facing out- I find that this is more secure and accurate than wearing it clipped to my pants and, if I'm wearing a dress or skirt I don't have to try to find a place to clip it to my bra where it won't leave a bulge. I've never had an issue with skin irritation wearing it in this manner. The One is not that small, and I know that if I were wearing it on my bra I'd be tempted to turn it facing in. If that's what you've been doing, I'd advise you to immediately flip it on your bra so only the clip is against your skin or to start wearing it, facing out, on the waistband of your underwear like I do. Hope this helps!
Best Answer