Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Pair One with your phone for a better connection (FIX IT)" iPhone App Message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I have a fitbit one that I use daily as a tracker to backup my Apple Watch stats. I have looked at the newer devices and I find that the simplicity and the features of my One are exactly what I need. None of the newer/current devices provide the same features when operating in a clip like the One. I do not wish to change.

Recently (after the latest app update on my phone) every time my One is forced to pair with my iPhone (by sliding the app down and releasing it) it produces this message in the sync area of the app:

"Pair One with your phone for a better connection (FIX IT)"

Tapping the "FIX IT" button does nothing, yet the One continues to sync even though I receive the message above.

My One does not show up as a Bluetooth connected device, it hasn't for as long as I can remember, yet it always syncs.

I have tried turning off Bluetooth and restarting it, restarting my One, removing and reinstalling the IOS App none of which have affected a fix.

What's up! Anyone else run into this? Is there a way to fix this so the message does not show up? Everything still seems to be working, but it is disconcerting to have this message show up on the app multiple times daily. I am hoping this is not a vision of incompatibilities to come.

Mark

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

I’m having the same thing with my One, it doesn’t seem to effect syncing - but it does seem to take longer. I’ve been going to my profile occasionally, and syncing it again, just to be sure. 

Best Answer

I have the same thing going on with the app for my Fitbit One. I don't think it affects anything but it is a bit annoying if in fact, it doesn't need to be 'fixed'!

Best Answer

I have the same issue. Evidently Fitbit (Google) updated the App and broke Bluetooth along the way.

I have been using my One since they were introduced, and I have never been able to get it to pair on any of my Android devices. I think it is syncing, but I am also using my desktop with a very old Fitbit Bluetooth dongle. It works but it is a pain to use.

Fitbit needs to "fix" this, but once they break functionality, they never seem to go back and repair the damage. (I had to stop using my Windows phone because Fitbit broke its app - again due to Bluetooth).

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue.  Fitbit now only tracks my calories but not my steps.  This is very irritating.  Contacted help support but got nowhere.

Best Answer

Same problem - I have tried everything to sync - very frustrating!!

Best Answer

Same problem, but is affecting syncing. I get the same banner message, and no sync.

Best Answer

You are so right. Exact same issue here. I thought it was just me.

Best Answer

I also have trouble getting my one to pair with my android.  When it comes up to fix, I sometimes have to turn off my app and restart it.  Usually works but I still have to wait for it to sync.  I also don't want to switch to the wrist watch style because they track steps even if you just shake or move your hand around.  Good luck.

Best Answer

I keep trying and trying to sync - nothing is still happening!!!  I keep posting reviews in the app and they do not show up!!!

It's been 4 weeks since the last update  -- Fitbit: What are you doing?!?!

Best Answer

This is a really annoying bug for Fitbit One users. So far, each sync places this useless banner at the top of the app. Syncing (by pulling down) a second time seems to fix it temporarily (at least gets rid of the banner). I hope there’s a Fitbit developer who doesn’t care for wearing a Fitbit on their wrist and likes having an altimeter and 2-week battery life of the One. It may be our only hope. 

if your One isn’t syncing at all, reset it like always (plug in, hold down button for 10+ seconds, unplug, and power up… seeing Fitbit version on One’s screen means you did it right). 

Best Answer

This is just something that started happening to me last night.  How frustrating! 

Best Answer

I plugged in and shut off the fitbit and re-started it - it finally worked - I think!!  Don't know it is really accurate - still coming up with the "not pairing" message but it clears & seems to sync.   Fitbit still need to update!!!

Best Answer

I’m having the same problems too, and it seems after my iPhone update. I’ve tried these things too. Resetting my Fitbit, starting it up again, disconnecting the app, reloading it, shutting off my phone, shutting off Bluetooth, and it helps it sync, but it does take longer, and then, if these things fix that pairing message.  That message is still not going away. And I have no way to figure out how to pair it with my phone. .

Best Answer

Fitbit App updated a day or so ago. App version 3.73 (37381041) the "Fix it" banner is still present.

It does sync, but my One's battery gets drained pretty quickly. I now turn off Bluetooth to preserve the One's battery.

Best Answer

I'm in the same boat.   My fitbit no longer syncs on my android phone or my laptop.  I have tried using the dongle as well as bluetooth.   I used to be able to turn it on, turn it off, uninstall, re-install, and eventually it would work, but it's been 3 days and still nothing.   I removed my one from my phone, and tried to reinstall it and my phone can't locate the fitbit.   So frustrating.   

Best Answer

@sbdriver wrote:

I'm in the same boat.   My fitbit no longer syncs on my android phone or my laptop.  I have tried using the dongle as well as bluetooth.   I used to be able to turn it on, turn it off, uninstall, re-install, and eventually it would work, but it's been 3 days and still nothing.   I removed my one from my phone, and tried to reinstall it and my phone can't locate the fitbit.   So frustrating.   

Have you tried to reset your FitBit One (plug in to charger, hold down button for 10+ seconds, unplug, and press button to power up… seeing Fitbit version on One’s screen means you did it right)? It doesn't erase any existing data on the One, but does usually solve sync issues.

Best Answer

I tried that several times this morning, but all it did was activate the timer feature.   I just tried it again, and thankfully it worked.   Hopefully it solves the problem (until the next update.   lol)  

Best Answer

@sbdriver wrote:

@ekrub wrote:

Have you tried to reset your FitBit One (plug in to charger, hold down button for 10+ seconds, unplug, and press button to power up… seeing Fitbit version on One’s screen means you did it right)? It doesn't erase any existing data on the One, but does usually solve sync issues.

I tried that several times this morning, but all it did was activate the timer feature.   I just tried it again, and thankfully it worked.   Hopefully it solves the problem (until the next update.   lol)  

If you hold the button when the FitBit One isn't in the charger or don't hold it long enough (at least 10 to 15 seconds), then it will just start the timer. If that happens, press and hold the button again for a few seconds (the FitBit One will vibrate and the timer will stop). Then, make sure the charger is plugged in with power, plug the FitBit One into the charger, and hold the button down longer (at least 10 to 15 seconds) before letting go. If you've done it correctly, the screen will be blank when you let go of the button.  Pull the FitBit One out of the charger. At this point, the FitBit One is powered off (this is a great way to store your FitBit One if you aren't going to use it for a few weeks or months). Press and hold down the button for a few seconds to turn it back on. You should see the firmware version displayed briefly. If you do, your FitBit One has reset and should sync with your devices again.

Best Answer

I have this exact issue. After a decade of flawless use it no longer wants to sync. Is it a coincidence that Google just bought the company? I have done everything from turning bluetooth on and off, deleting/reinstalling app, rebooting...no longer counts steps or accurately records steps. Brand new battery so that isn't it. And in all of the posts that agree this is an issue, I see NOTHING from Fitbit or Google corporate. Not even the generic "have you tried XYZ"? They just don't read the customer feedback. Maybe they shouldn't let go of the 9,000 employees who kept their apps running.

Best Answer