Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Pair One with your phone for a better connection (FIX IT)" iPhone App Message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I have a fitbit one that I use daily as a tracker to backup my Apple Watch stats. I have looked at the newer devices and I find that the simplicity and the features of my One are exactly what I need. None of the newer/current devices provide the same features when operating in a clip like the One. I do not wish to change.

Recently (after the latest app update on my phone) every time my One is forced to pair with my iPhone (by sliding the app down and releasing it) it produces this message in the sync area of the app:

"Pair One with your phone for a better connection (FIX IT)"

Tapping the "FIX IT" button does nothing, yet the One continues to sync even though I receive the message above.

My One does not show up as a Bluetooth connected device, it hasn't for as long as I can remember, yet it always syncs.

I have tried turning off Bluetooth and restarting it, restarting my One, removing and reinstalling the IOS App none of which have affected a fix.

What's up! Anyone else run into this? Is there a way to fix this so the message does not show up? Everything still seems to be working, but it is disconcerting to have this message show up on the app multiple times daily. I am hoping this is not a vision of incompatibilities to come.

Mark

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

Hi Mark!

I am in the same position you are.  I have that same message, and I can't get it to pair with my Bluetooth.  This problem just started about 2 months ago.  I'm just happy it is still syncing, but, like you, would prefer to not have that message come up and know that the info. is reliable.

Keep me informed if you come up with a solution!

Jill

Best Answer

Thank you Mark for your response.  I am having the exact same issue, however, my One has always been paired with my phone until about 2 mos. ago.  Now I can't get it to pair (it gives a "pair declined" message).  I have, as you have, tried all of the things you mentioned.

Can/could ANYONE please help us resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

Jill

Best Answer

The problem isn't figuring out how to the pair the FitBit One. The FitBit One does not pair with a phone; rather it synchronizes with a phone without every going through a formal pairing process.Bluetooth pairing is a specific handshake between devices and the FitBit One doesn't do it. The problem is a recent update to the FitBit app makes it assume all devices are formally paired via bluetooth, which is not a correct assumption for the FitBit One. So, a warning message shows up saying your device needs to be paired (because the app now assumes all devices should be paired), but there's no way to make the message go away permanently, because the FitBit One can never be paired with the phone. For now, you have four options: (1) ignore the warning message, (2) tap the "FIX IT" button that does nothing but does remove the message temporarily, (3) sync 2-3 times in a row by dragging the screen down since the message doesn't always show up repeated syncing, or (4) get a different tracker. Of course, all of us who don't care to wear a tracker on our wrist know the FitBit One's small size, altimeter, and 2 week battery life make it still the best tracker available.

If your FitBit One isn't syncing with your phone, reset your FitBit One: plug it into the charger, hold down the button for 15+ seconds (if a timer stats, you didn't hold long enough, long press again to stop the timer and try again), remove it from the charger, and long press to turn it back on (seeing "FitBit" and version number briefly on the screen confirms you did it right). Then the FitBit should sync with your phone again. Note that just because the FitBit One has been added on your phone and is syncing with it, it doesn't mean that it is "paired".

Best Answer

Well said & great instructions!!  I have been using the FitBit One since 2015 & do not want to wear something on my wrist all the time.  It has helped me tremendously on my fitness journey.  The problem is FitBit doesn't seem to care about that - it's about the newest & shiniest toy...... 

Best Answer

I have shut it down and restarted it multiple times with my phone's Bluetooth screen ready to find the ONE signal and NOTHING !!!  I too get the same message everyone else is getting about pairing with my device.

Best Answer

Tried this exactly as specified on my iPhone 14 Pro + and still it doesn't show up in my Bluetooth devices for pairing.

Best Answer

Yes !  Same thing is happening to me. Very frustrating!

Best Answer

Hello there,

I have been a Fitbit One user for many years - it's the best Fitbit device and as a mountain walker the height climbed reading provides essential information for my training regime.  I used my Fitbit One with my iPhone 5S and it worked well (when Fitbit wasn't messing with the software and causing the battery to drain).  I have just upgraded my phone to an iPhone 13 mini and ever since I get the same message when trying to sync the Fitbit One: "Pair One with your phone for a better connection (FIX IT)".  After about six attempts, I can get it to sync.  The One is linked to the phone - I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it is recorded as a linked (not paired) device but nothing has improved.  My Fitbit one talks to my iMac without a problem.  So it's a software problem with the app.  Have you come up with a solution?  I believe that either Fitbit doesn't care about One users and therefore is sloppy in the software relating to the One and/or it is seeking to phase out the One and discourage One users in the hope of getting them to buy an alternative device.  For me, that's not an option as I need the height gained statistics and I refuse to wear a Fitbit 'watch'; I have a perfectly good wristwatch.  To add icing to the cake, my phone app has today stopped showing any statistics except calories!!

Best Answer

as annoying as this is, and it is dang annoying, I'm glad I am not the only one with this issue. The syncing issue has been getting worse, to the point that today it syncs then the synced info disappears half the time. So frustrating. I realize the One is old and I wouldn't really have an issue upgrading, but I don't want a watch type that you need to wear on your wrist. Come on devs, fix this please!

Best Answer
Yes! I think you are correct about not caring to fix the device in hopes that you will upgrade. But like you, I like the one and do not want a watch.
I had the same issue today with calories. It’s very frustrating and no one will help.
Thanks for the feedback. !!

Get Outlook for iOS<>

[https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/mcg/Resources/Images/Cybersecurity-footer.png]

For more helpful Cybersecurity Resources, visit: https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/cybersecurity
Best Answer

I am receiving the same message and the data does appear to sync.

Best Answer

As “ekrub” stated earlier in great detail … JUST IGNORE THE MESSAGE.  It doesn’t actually apply to your Fitbit One but the app isn’t smart enough to know that. As long as your steps show up after you re-sync, it’s as good as it gets. And since Fitbit discontinued the One a long time ago, chances are they aren’t going to do a thing to eliminate this little annoyance for us “luddites” still quite happy with out Ones.

Best Answer

I have still have the "Pair One with your phone for a better connection" message and I just upgraded my ios to 16.3.1 and updated the Fitbit App to version 3.75 which was released one week ago.  My Fitbit One connects okay, but I get the annoying error.

Did you replace the battery yourself on your Fitbit One?  Do you have a website link that helped you do it?

Best Answer

@Peter650 wrote:

Did you replace the battery yourself on your Fitbit One?  Do you have a website link that helped you do it?

Fitbit One battery replacement walk-through with photos (I wouldn't use Gorilla Glue again; use the B-7000 glue mentioned in that thread).

Best Answer

Hi Everyone

I'm having the same issures and it's so annoying.

I have done all the suggested steps and that annoying message continues to come up.

I agree with what one person wrote that they don't care about us FitBit One wearers.  They want us to buy another tracker.

I'm very happy to see that so many people DO NOT WANT TO WEAR AN ON THE WRIST TRACKER.

So hey FitBit owners, do your job and make this right. All of these complaints are coming from loyal FitBit customers!!!

Help Us!!

Cheryl

Best Answer

@momnitz wrote:

I'm very happy to see that so many people DO NOT WANT TO WEAR AN ON THE WRIST TRACKER.

So hey FitBit owners, do your job and make this right. All of these complaints are coming from loyal FitBit customers!!!

Help Us!!

Not sure it will help attract the attention of anyone working on Fitbit (i.e., Google or Fitbit devs), but I tried pointing out this issue in the iOS Fitbit app category.

Best Answer

Same here - I love my One. I’be tried wrist trackers but am not a fan. I hope the developers can fix the problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone and here is what I do. I go to settings, scroll down quite a way to Fitbit, I then turn off Bluetooth and leave settings. I then go to the Fitbit app and pull down to sync. I get an error message that Bluetooth is off and so I touch “fix it”. It takes me to a screen where I can choose settings and there I turn Bluetooth back on. Once done I revisit the Fitbit app and try to sync again. 99 times out of a 100 it works perfectly. I have to do this daily, sometimes twice a day. There’s probably something similar that can be done on an android. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine apparently hasn't synched since early January! No wonder it shows 0 for the wellness challenge at work. Will have to try resetting the One as described above to see if it will sync. I'm just worried it does not have the data from that far back 😕

Best Answer

It seems that your Fitbit One has stopped transmitting, I have had this issue in the past too.

The way to fix the transmission issue is to follow the reset sequence.

Do the following with your Fitbit One plugged into it's recharge cable that is plugged into a power supply:

1. You should see on the Fitbit One display a graph showing the charge status.

2. Press and hold down the button on the Fitbit One, the display will go blank, for a 20 count.

3. Release the button, display is still blank, and count to 5 (no buttons pushed).

4. Press and hold down the button for a 5 count. The firmware version should flash on the display.

5. Release the button and press it again. The display on the amount of charge should show up.

This process will "reset" the device, i.e. allow the transmitter to function normally, recent data should not be lost.

However: 

I do not know what the data buffer is on the Fitbit One. When I have had transmission issues it was no longer than a day at most.

I do know that on the my earlier Fitbit model it stored up to 21 days of data internally. I have no idea how many days of data the Fitbit One holds.

PS: I do a reset every time I need to give my Fitbit One a full charge.

Best Answer