Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weekly report not accurate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My email weekly report is incorrect....does not even match my daily step counts on the app. Help please.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey hey hey, thanks for stopping by @Seniorrunner, @Jules1906 and @Timcor! Please double check the dates of data from your report. For example, mine states at the top under my name that the data presented is from December 5 to December 11.weekly.PNG

To check that the data is correct, go to Fitbit.com/activities and select the dates in the right top corner where it says Today. And, select the same date to be displayed. weekly2.PNG

If this is incorrect, please get in touch with Support so they can help further. Just remember to attach pictures of the different data you found. @Jules1906 Since you already contacted Support, the best option at the time is waiting for their reply. 

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

I have the same issue.  Did you get a response as to how to correct this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No response yet. My steps and app account are correct, but the weekly report is way low😧😡 it is my motivator so I worry.
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here - any reply yet? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted Fitbit support who requested screen shots of email and app. They then issued a revised summary which was also incorrect. I have today received the last weekly summary but that doesn't reflect my app information either. I have messaged them again but have little confidence now the matter will be resolved.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey hey hey, thanks for stopping by @Seniorrunner, @Jules1906 and @Timcor! Please double check the dates of data from your report. For example, mine states at the top under my name that the data presented is from December 5 to December 11.weekly.PNG

To check that the data is correct, go to Fitbit.com/activities and select the dates in the right top corner where it says Today. And, select the same date to be displayed. weekly2.PNG

If this is incorrect, please get in touch with Support so they can help further. Just remember to attach pictures of the different data you found. @Jules1906 Since you already contacted Support, the best option at the time is waiting for their reply. 

Best Answer

My weekly report has been out for a couple of months by around 50,000 steps or more each week. Losing faith and interest rapidly....

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. I feel I have paid quite a considerable sum for something that doesn't live up to the hype!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I messaged again above a week ago and have received no response. Totally unacceptable!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @Jules1906! And welcome to the Fitbit Community @User5000@Jules1906 At the moment since Support is already helping you, my advice is to wait for their reply. Also, I think that is a nice idea to attach screenshots of the incorrect weekly report you received. This way they can get you back on track in no time. 

@User5000 If you already check your data as I recommended in my previous post, please contact Support for further help. 

Best Answer
I found a solution - I threw my Fitbit one out! : )
I'm trying a new flex 2, fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I found out how to see my report on my Fitbit dashboard thing and am happy to look at it there. It shows my dailies and weeklies🏃🏼‍:female_sign:

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
How?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The number of steps in the weekly report seems to be correct, but every week the report states the the number of steps is 10,281 more than the week before. That can't possibly be true every single week. This makes me wonder about the accuracy of the other info in the report.

Best Answer
I have just received my weekly summary. Apparently I did 10281 fewer last week. I too wonder about the accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue and it bugs me that when all the other data seems to be so precise that the number of weekly steps always varies by 10,281 even when you can visually see that it’s correct.  Surely this is an easy fix for Fitbit peeps?  My daughter has a Fitbit flex and hers has the same issue on the weekly report too!

Best Answer
0 Votes
It seems to me it only happened once and after following the restart steps I was ok with my knowing how far I usually go.
I just keep on running 🏃🏼.
My phone keeps track as well. Also, I use the free Runkeeper app for my runs😃
👣

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
It's interesting that your report has the same number number - 10,281 - as
mine. I wish they'd fix it.
Best Answer
Glad that you're ok with it & that you have other ways of keeping track,
but that's not the point.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is clear from the responses to this so-called ‘solution’ that there is a systemic problem with the emailed weekly reports. There is no correlation between the week on week stats and the ‘10281 steps fewer’ message. Either fix the report process, or discontinue the reports. They are just damaging Fitbit’s credibility, and users’ trust in their trackers. 

Best Answer