Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

001 displayed on Charge 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 1.27.06 PM.pngFitbit Update 1/18/2019: If you see the Fitbit logo and error 001 on your tracker, please see this link and restart your tracker. This should resolve the issue. If you are still stuck, please let us know. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
293 REPLIES 293

Ive tried this about 10 times and it never does anything beyond vibrate and black screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

same issue and restart does nothing . Fitbit just vibrates blank screen

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 won't reset even when I follow your instructions. This is my 3rd Fitbit in 1 year.  Soooooo fed up now 😞

Best Answer

My Fitbit won’t reset 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have seen many people on here with the Fitbit logo 001 error problem but no solution that works. My charge 3 CANNOT be restarted using your instructions. Where do I go from here? It is not unreasonable to expect an activity tracker to work after only having it a few months!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Angelshells @HillsBills I hope you're doing well!

Let me help you with your Charge 3 not working and thank you for trying to restart your trackers. @Angelshells I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email. @HillsBills I noticed that you already have a ticket with Support so please work with them to find a solution.

Keep me posted.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've given up with my Charge 3. Took the offer of 50% off a new Charge 4. Let's see how this one goes. 🤞

Sent from Samsung tablet.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have seen quite a few people relying that your recommendation for doing a restart of the Fitbit has not resolved their issue with the 001 error code.  I haven’t seen any response to these replies. As I find myself in the same boat, I hope that you have something further available to fix this.  This is my fifth Fitbit, with a maximum life of 18 months.  This one has lasted 12 months, and it seems that it is now defunct as well.  Its quite unlikely that I will ever to buy another.

Best Answer

Have the same issue with Charge 3. Error 001, cannot restart. Tracker is not synced with any phone. How can I fix that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. @Syberex, welcome to the community forums! Thank you for the information and the troubleshooting steps you've tried prior to posting! 

If you already tried to restart your Charge 3 and the inconvenience persists, I recommend performing a long restart. A long restart is different than the basic one and you can find the steps to perform it below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

If that doesn't work, the best way to get help is to contact our Support Team. You can contact them through chat or over the phone. Click here to get connected. Make sure to explain the inconvenience and the troubleshooting steps you've followed, this way they can continue assisting you from there. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there - I have just started getting the dreaded 001 error on my Charge 3. I have read everything in the help community forum on what to do - the fitbit is not syncing with my phone (not recognized as being available to bluetooth sync) and I have tried short/long resets multiple times. Have had it plugged in for days, so definitely fully charged.

Is there anything else to try or is it not recoverable?

Appreciate the help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @gdover, welcome to the community forums! Thank you for the information and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried! 

I was told by our Support Team that you contacted them. Since you have received assistance from them, I suggest you to update your case if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case.

Have a great day! 

Best Answer

Hello Kate,

The same issue has just occurred on my Fitbit Charge 3 three hours ago. I've tried restarting it in many ways (holding the button for 8 seconds, connecting the Charge 3 into the plugged-in charger and holding the button for 15 seconds) but each time I land with the same error screen.

The link that you shared gives me "Access denied" message:

Is there anything else that you can recommend?

Thanks and regards, Marek

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @dofku. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for the detailed information and for trying the restart process. The link that gives the error contains the instructions for a restart and these instructions can be found here

In regards with your question, I noticed you have reached out to our Support Team and they have provided additional tips. Since you have received assistance from them, I recommend replying back to your case if you require further assistance or if you still have additional questions and they will continue working on your case.

On a side note, this thread is now closed. If you have any other questions, please post them in a new thread. 

Best Answer