Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

001 displayed on Charge 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 1.27.06 PM.pngFitbit Update 1/18/2019: If you see the Fitbit logo and error 001 on your tracker, please see this link and restart your tracker. This should resolve the issue. If you are still stuck, please let us know. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
293 REPLIES 293

My charge 3 will only display 001 and I tried to restart but still only shows 001

Best Answer

Mine has the same problem.  I have to reset the device, but at random times it will happen again.  Is it clock face related?  Do I need to change to a different face?  

Best Answer

I have tired to restart per instruction, but it does not change still shows 001 message.

Best Answer

Aan de lader en 8 seconden vast houden dat werkt😎

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @joelseph25@jacock@NatChapman@Stayler@RachelBeach@stspang@Joecalise! As mentioned above, we are aware that some have reported changing the clock face cures a blank screen. Did you try changing the clock face? If not yet, change the clock face in the Fitbit app. If this fixes the issue, you can change the clock face back to the original clock face. 

Hello @paladinSF! I'm glad to hear that our Customer Support helped you out. Thanks for sharing the outcome! 

Hi @tryagain50 and @BigDave1966! Great to hear you're back on track my friend! Woman Wink

Ping me out if you guys need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

thank you this work!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marrefitbit,

i did not. I instead turned if all day sync, just turned it back on yesterday to test. So far the 001 issue has not re-occurred. I decided to try this approach when I saw several other users still experience the problem after changing the clock face and it appeared to be a opportunity for corrupt data to possibly impact the application running in the unit. I will let you know if the problem resurfaces. 

Looking forward to a future update to correct the other quirky issues with the model 3. 

Otherwise I like the unit. Just isn’t as stable/reliable as you’re other offerings as yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Received Charge 3 for Christmas.  First unit started connect disconnect from bluetooth.  Noted incorrect time of day listed.  Fitbit replaced the unit and overhauled what ever to connect with my account and update the new unit.

The replacement unit within less than a week has a screen error as described. discharged the battery and not log in info assuming it did not collect info.  Within an hour of contact with Fitbit  and resetting the unit the error message has appeared twice.  Fitbit is now shipping a second replacement.  Hopefully the third time is a charm.  If not I cannot recommend Fitbit Charge 3.  Has Fitbit gone cheap.  The band connectors are now plastic?  First clue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bought this Charge 3 on Monday, and now this 001 error.  None of these fixes work.  Now what?

Best Answer
Call Fitbit and have them troubleshoot.  My first replacement  (original watch was a Christmas gift) of less than a week demonstrated that same fault 3 times yesterday.  Twice in less than an hour after resets.  Waiting for the second replacement now.  This unit since last PM has not faulted.  However, the third will be the charm?
Charge 3.  When it works it serves well but when it doesn't if I were bored, I could call them to pass the time.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit I have had the same issue as everyone, sudden flutters and then my Charge 3 just gave in. Error code 001 was then displayed. I tread what you said to restart, got the smiley face and still nothing 😞 Please help or advise as to how to go forward?

Regards

Best Answer

I tried changing to a different clock face but still got the dreaded 001 error after a few days.  Dose anyone at fitbit even care anymore?

Best Answer

Hi @stspang

Your post was moved into this existing thread on the problem. Please check out the first post from Moderator @KateFitbit for updates on the situation.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

I took my new Charge 3 yesterday out of the box and only after a few hours this 001 error occurred. I could restart the tracker, but after this the syncing hasn't been working anymore. Also the error came back again during the night. I have tried to uninstal and instal the app again, same with bluetooth and any other steps I have found online with no results.

Any help for this situation? I really wouldn't want to return the tracker 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is still stuck on the icon 001. I tried restarting and nothing works.

Best Answer

@KateFitbit, I was initially able to solve my issue by uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app and disabling the 'Always Connected' option from with in the app, I had no 001 error and no syncing issues for about a week which was awesome. Unfortunately since your app update (Android app) a couple of days ago, Monday/Tuesday from memory, I've been getting 001 errors several times a day and have also had difficulty syncing.

Cheers
Joel  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Once is not good. Twice is unacceptable. I wonder if there is a software issue in the unit involving a when and if routine type instruction that causes an erroneous r message.

God loves you
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys @kitkatkaycee and @Stayler! I'm glad to hear that the inconvenience with your Charge 3 has been solved. Thanks for sharing the extra recommendations! Woman Very Happy 

Hi there @Ping10000, @SunsetRunner, @Avenant12@stspang@Katrisohvi@Thodgens, and @joelseph25! Thanks for trying the tips and recommendations provided here. If you've also tried what @Odyssey13 has recommended above, I'd suggest to restart Charge 3 using the 15-second method: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again

Give this a shot and let me know how it goes! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Received my 2nd replacement watch yesterday. One more and I could be a parts vendor. Fitbit has bent over backward to accommodate me. For that I am thankful. The second required an update. Within a week multiple error freeze after reset? The third I set up this morning with Fitbit support. The set up and update took forever. Perhaps Fitbit is on to something good. I have crossed fingers toes an jump around on one leg. Thanks Fitbit.

God loves you
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Ping10000! I'm glad to hear that you just received your Charge 3 replacement yesterday. I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services which lead us to release new Fitbit trackers. 

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

If there any questions present, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes