Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

001 displayed on Charge 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 1.27.06 PM.pngFitbit Update 1/18/2019: If you see the Fitbit logo and error 001 on your tracker, please see this link and restart your tracker. This should resolve the issue. If you are still stuck, please let us know. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
293 REPLIES 293

Good luck.  Mine repeated the erro within an hour.  I think there is a software problem.  My latest replacement had a longggggggg update

Best Answer

Thank you for the update and feedback @Ping10000, do you mean that you've received the same error message with the replacement device you just received? 

Keep us posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there... So far there hasnt been any update from the engineers what is the meaning of this 001 error? We cant be always praying everyday that this errror dont reappear on our device right? I dont think this is the right way 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After I deleted the tracker 31.1.2019 from the app and added it again with the whole installing procedure, I was able to get the tracker syncing again. I also switched the all-day sync and  always connected off (this had helped for some users). The 001 error has not been showing again after this.

Now, 3 days later I woke up in the morning and the tracker wasn't able to sync yet again. I tried all the tricks again and this time I had also problems with connecting the tracker during the installing process (it showed the number with which to connect the tracker, but after that nothing happened). After trying this over and over again for an hour the tracker was found and the syncing also worked again. However the information from last night's sleep was lost. I'm using Samsung S9.

I'm so disappointed and frustrated.. I will give it one more try, but if there is this problem again, I'm returning the tracker. Not worth all the trouble.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

@KateFitbit I just got a new fitbit charge 3 yesterday and after adding it in the app and trying to synchronise it, I got an 001 error. I tried to restart but it doesn't work (after connecting tracker to charge and pushing the button for 8-15 seconds, nothing is happening). I removed app and reinstall it back, but still no success. At the end I also tried to re add tracker in app and still no success. I am using Samsung S9, maybe it could help.

Best Answer

I am at a loss. No update? Directed by Fitbit support to install 3 step update on the third Fitbit charge in a month while the first had no update and the second had a short update by comparison to the third. Given my experience I may be knowledgeable but recognize I may be ignorant. Thank you for correcting me. It could be helpful if you state your experience to qualify your statements. There are those who talk from ignorance. Thanks again.

-----------------------

Charge #1 received 12/25/18. About 3 was later skipped sleep record, battery quickly discharge, and logo with 001 code. Was Mabel to reset. Charge # 2 within 6 days show logo 001 code throughout the day. Reset with customer service and within an hour same problem. Replaced again and thus far all is well on day 3. Hopefully with the latest replacement and the long long update all will work.

God loves you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve on my second charge 3 and am still having the same issues blank screen and I’ve had the 001 issue too.Tried the reset and changing clock face but still not tracking properly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Has Fitbit support been involved?

God loves you
Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently recieved my Fitbit Charge 3. I used to have a SUNNTO AMBIT 3 RUN which is really perfect but I sold it cause I wanted my HR to be tracked without any belt needed... But I'm totally disappointed..There are too many issues and bugs inclufing the 001 error. Please tell me what should I do? I restarted my Fitbit many times.It's annoying. 

Best Answer

Yes they sent me a new tracker but this one is worse than the first I’m waiting for them to get back to me with a new solution😩

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've not been having these errors with my screen, since the first day, however, I do have to delete and add the device daily.  This is tiresome. I rely on my Fitbit so this is making me quite displeased. I had the HR2 (still do) but bought this as soon as it became available because of the waterproof feature.  FIX THIS, FITBIT!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found a way to fix fitbit charge 3, I discharged it to zero level of battery, so in such a way I managed to reboot device. Then I removed fitbit from app, and re-added it back from scratch. I also removed a non standard clock face - 3D clock, after which my fitbit actually got stuck, also I am not using option all-day sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I understand the recognized problem.  Mine has problems connecting and then all of a sudden it connects and it is not even paired.  Go figure.  On my third unit 001 error again and again. This one is three days old  and counting.  The update out of the shoot was incredibly long.  Hoping the fix is in.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this information @Memelting, we haven't received more reports or further details about this error, however, several users have reported being able to resolve it by restarting the device

Thank you for sharing what you've been experiencing @Katrisohvi, I'm sorry to see about the syncing problems you've mentioned, are you also getting the 001 message the other users have mentioned in this thread? 

@oksanash@Nilokia, I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon. 

Thank you for the updates @Ping10000, let know how the replacement device is performing for you. 

@Vicky144K, you've been having to delete your device due to syncing problems? Are you also getting the 001 error on the display? 

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer

I've had the Charge 3 for a week ans have been very happy thus far. Tonight the Fitbit logo appeared with the "001" at the bottom of the screen.

I have attempted to restart the device while it is plugged in but the device will not restart. The vibrate occurs right after pressing the side button and then occurs again in about 2 seconds. I have tried to hold the button for at least 30

seconds and the device will not restart.

I have also tried restarting my phone as well as disconnecting and reconnecting the Bluetooth.

I am using an iPhone 8.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got the 001 error mid-Parkrun this morning which was really annoying as it then meant I couldn't keep track of my time.  It's restarted OK and seems to be working now, but this is the second time it's crashed in a couple of weeks (I've had it since end of November).  My Charge 2 never crashed.

I don't understand why, unlike nearly every other device available, you can't restart it by pressing the side button.  Why does it have to be plugged into a charger?

Best Answer

I have had mine for a while and the software appears to be very unstable at this point.  Wish I could return it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ghostRansom, thank you for sharing all this information and the steps you already tried . I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply. 

@fionac, I'm sorry to see that you've been having trouble with the 001 error on your Charge 3 display, but it's good to know that the message disappeared. Let me know how the device is performing in the following days. There's another day to restart the Charge 3, but it would be necessary to go to the Settings app on the device, then About Phone and Reboot. 

Thank you for the feedback as well @stspang, could you please provide a few more details about what you've experienced with the software? 

Keep us posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When the device is stuck at 001 screen, there is no way to swipe to the about device screen to select reboot device. It will be stuck with 001 logo until battery runs flat

Best Answer
0 Votes