Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally removed Charge 2 from my account

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Charge 2 for a few months and it has worked fine. However, last night it start acting up. It would no longer connect to my app. The fitbit has been working fine on it's own, but it is unable to connect to my phone. I tried deleting the app and re-downloading it, turning bluetooth off and on, restarting my phone, and having my phone "forget the device". None of this worked and so I went to the fitbit app and my account and just to see if it would help, removed the Charge 2 from the account. I hoped that it would help. Unfortunately, I don't know how to add it back. I try going through the "set up a new device" steps and it never get's past the "power on" screen during the set up. It is searching for a device but cannot find one. 

I am worried that my fitbit is no longer sending out a signal and that is why the phone cannot connect to it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have solved the issue. I connected my fitbit to the charger and then held down the button until it restarted and while keeping the fitbit in the charger, it reconnected to my phone app.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Welcome to the forums!

First off I would shut your phone down. Then go back in and set the device up again

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1873

Hope to see you around the forums! Join in on the discussions forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@help please 08 go to your account's and press add device, now follow directions. 

By removing the tracker from your phones Bluetooth settings, this is the correct way and could help. Removing the tracker from your account, what you did, will only add problems. 

Best Answer

Yes, I understand now that I probably made this issue worse, but is there a way for me to fix it at this point? Is it possible to add it back, or is it possible to test if it is an issue with my fitbit not sending a signal or my phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have solved the issue. I connected my fitbit to the charger and then held down the button until it restarted and while keeping the fitbit in the charger, it reconnected to my phone app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Omg thank you so much I've only had my fitbit for 2 days and I did what you did but then panicked for about an hour trying to figure out how to get it back on. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

How long do you hold it in for? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Believe it is 12 seconds . Once it is plugged in and charging. i hokdhthe button until the unit responds. 

Best Answer

Pls help me I dont know what to do I cant understand your solution

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CJPlayz may I ask what the issue that you are experiencing is?

It is hard to tell you what to try if we do not know what is wrong.

Best Answer

I am selling my Charge 2, i have removed it from my fitbit account and it says no devices connected on my dashboard. The device still has the date & time on it, no "set up" icon. what's going on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @lulujc I'm not sure what the issue is. 

You synced the tracker, then removed the charge 2 from your account. You say that you want to sell it, ok after someone buys your Charge 2 I'll assume that you will hand it over to them by in some fashion. They then will use their Fitbit app to setup the tracker to their account.

Best Answer