Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Nordic walking in shortcuts for Charge 4

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why is Nordic walking not included in the activities I can choose? I have a Charge 4 and in the device or the app there is no possibility to add the activity Nordic walking.

This is the main activity I do, so I would like to track this in an accurate way. Not just as an 'outdoor activity' or any other name and then change the name after. How hard is it to add a new activity?

People are asking about it since 2015!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

You could use the treadmill mode, or ask Nordictrack to add Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

LOL @Rich_Laue!

Nordic Walking or Pole Walking is a very famous sport activity where you walk with poles, one per hand, so you are actually exercising more the upper part of the body.

NordicTrack is instead a famous brand of treadmill and other sport equipment.

Therefore I find very unpractical walking with poles on a treadmill! 😅

Unfortunately @Pythia, Nordic Walking is not planned by Fitbit (see this suggestion)

What you can do instead is:

- track your session as Outdoor Activity

- sync your Fitbit as always

- then, from Fitbit Web Dashboard, you go you your Log session, Activities. Then, next to the session, you can see a pen mark, it means you can edit the sport activity.

- you can then create a custom activity, say Nordic Walking, and assigned to it.

For the next activities you should then be able to assign Nordic Walking easily (always from the Web dashboard).

Let me know if it works, I know I was able to reassign generic activities labeled as Sport (hence auto-recognized), I'm not 100% sure with Outdoor Activity, sorry.

Best Answer

Hello @Pythia ,

bad news. The outdoor tracking doesn't allow to reassign the session. Now, I'm not even sure that there is a GPS tracked session that can be reassigned, I will keep investigating.

In the meanwhile you might want to use Outdoor Tracking, sorry if I can't be more helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The list of activities that Fitbit doesn't want to add is LONG.  And it is frustrating, given the popularity of some activities.

@Pythia it is unfortunate that you are stuck with this, but I would suggest using Hike and leaving it at that. 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

It's great to see you here, @Pythia.

@Rich_Laue@Giampi71 and @LZeeW, thanks for the recommendations.

I apologize for the delayed in response. Regarding Nordic walking, I think it would be an interesting exercise to have. Unfortunately, we do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. 

Let me know if you need anything else. 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I’d love to see Nordic Walking too! It’s a very different exercise. Great if jogging is no longer an option! Cheers Neal

Best Answer

Affects me too. Fantastically common activity in Nordic countries

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LZeeW wrote:

The list of activities that Fitbit doesn't want to add is LONG.  And it is frustrating, given the popularity of some activities.

@Pythia it is unfortunate that you are stuck with this, but I would suggest using Hike and leaving it at that. 

@LZeeW wrote:

Go to every store's website you can think of and write a review that mentions this problem. We need to warn others about this possible disappointment and make Fitbit realize that this would really be a valuable new feature, one that matters to customers, potentional customers and product reviewers.

Best Answer
0 Votes