Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjust heartrate zone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I have a high resting heart rate. Always have, even after boot camp some 20+ years ago. Just sitting and watching TV my heart rate will be around 100-105. I'm new to Fitbit as I try to get back in shape with my family. The issue I have is, the dashboard and calorie tracker things I am in fat burning for most of the day.

I'm looking to adjust the ranges but don't understand where or how. I see the zone (min-max) but not sure what to set these to in order to let the system know tat at 90-120 I'm in the 'normal' range and not in fat burning.

Any suggestions are welcome. The watch is not tight and about two fingers above my wrist. I've had the doctor check my rate while wearing the Charge2 and he is satisfied with the outcome.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Derrick, Thanks, but I'm not sure that would have worked for me. However, from the app I noticed the custom rate for "max heart rate" would work. By upping it to 220 (the max it can go) that would move my numbers to an acceptable range where fat burn is now notched at 110. This is fine and more accurate. Thanks!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @nanonano76 and welcome to the Community.

It might be worth creating a custom heart rate zone with the instructions listed here.

Instead of having the three default HR zones that Fitbit creates for you, you'll be able to create a custom HR zone for targeting a specific heart rate.

Hope this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Derrick, Thanks, but I'm not sure that would have worked for me. However, from the app I noticed the custom rate for "max heart rate" would work. By upping it to 220 (the max it can go) that would move my numbers to an acceptable range where fat burn is now notched at 110. This is fine and more accurate. Thanks!
Best Answer

I purchased a Fitbit Charge 2 to replace my bulky Moto Activ. I never used the GPS or music/phone functions so I don't miss these. What I do miss is the ability to set my heart rate zones. I did an active metabolic assessment at my gym that provided valuable information to help me train more effectively but this information isn't presented this way in fitbit and I can't find an app that integrates for this level of detail. My training program sets specific goals of spending a set amount of time in zone 1 & 4 for instance but while data is captured, the app doesn't expose it. I understand the average person won't do an AMA but I'm not understanding why the custom function isn't more robust. This is a huge limitation of the UI when the data is readily available. Is there a plan to add this or an app that integrates with this detail? 

Best Answer

Thanks for the info! What did you set for the other zones?

Best Answer
0 Votes