Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air bubble on charge HR band

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
An air bubble has appeared on the strap of my charge HR. I follow care instructions on my band. I'm gutted as I've only had it since Febuary. Has anyone else had a similar problem?
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @SunsetRunner! A lot of people do seem to report the same issue. I would suggest getting in touch with Fitbit Support. If possible, include photos in your contact to expedite the process.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

Hi, @SunsetRunner! A lot of people do seem to report the same issue. I would suggest getting in touch with Fitbit Support. If possible, include photos in your contact to expedite the process.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
Will do, thanks very much.
Best Answer

Same problem with my unit, band and the same age as your one. Got it as start of February this year.

Not a good display of product quality when so many are reporting this what seems to be, common issue with these rubberized straps.

Best Answer

I know what the problem is. Heat. If you are driving and the sun is making your arm warm, the fitbit is getting too hot. That causes the air bubble. These bands seperate because they get too hot. Mine is bubbled and fitbit only gave my 25% off. I am not really interested in 25% off a few more months of a poor quality device.

Best Answer
Thanks everyone. I got in touch with Fitbit and they have replaced it free of charge as it was less than a year old.
Best Answer
I purchased mine from Amazon and it got a bible under the strap. Contacted Fitbit and they sent me another one after I emailed them pictures. I haven't even had this replacement a year and it's doing the same thing. I contacted customer service earlier today so I'm not sure what the result will be this time but this is certainly making me question the quality of these fitness bands AND really thinking about going to another brand.
Best Answer
This forum has endless threads about this issue. I am on my third Charge HR in 11 months, the original I got last August and two replacements.

I have no confidence that the third one will fare better than the other two. Once that happens I am not going to spend my money on another one, since by then the warranty will have expired.
Best Answer
@music Head I'm already looking at other brands
Best Answer

SalHynes

This happened to me and they sent a replacement fitbit.  However how did you get it to sync with the fitbit connecter that was connected to your computer from your old one?  How does it know to connect with the new one.  No connecter was supplied with the replacement or instructions?  Can you advise?

Best Answer
0 Votes
My replacement didn't come with one either but when I clicked add new device, it found my new fitbit and allowed me to add it.
Best Answer
I'm awaiting delivery so will update you once I've tried to connect the new device.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. Duh, I should have thought of that. Will try it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
If you use the Android app, you pair the replacement tracker going to settings and the "devices". Tap on the "+" sign in the upper right corner and follow the instructions.

Make sure you put your old tracker far from the phone, or the app will try to connect to it.
Best Answer
Update.. Fitbit has ONCE AGAIN mailed me a replacement watch. That's fine but it would be GREAT if they'd just fix the quality of the straps to prevent these constant replacements.
Best Answer

Mine has had a bubble for about 2 months now, but it doesn't affect the sensor or anything. Mine's a year and a half old and was fine until I wore it on a 98 degree day and soaked it in sweat. However it doesn't seem to me something that's worth the hassle of getting a replacement when it's just a slight cosmetic issue and the sensors still work just fine. I've pushed, prodded, and poked all over it and it hasn't hurt anything. If it affected the sensor and accuracy of the device I'd replace it, but it's just fine. 

Best Answer
Well mine was coming apart and the sides flapping...not cute wearing it like that to work. I've moved on to a different brand but I'll let my goddaughter wear it. A little too much money for it to be cheaply made.
Best Answer

Hello, @MusicHead@Boss_Belle82! It is nice to see you around and a warm welcome to our new friend, @TwistngrindHeart 

@MusicHead, Thanks for sharing your knowledge on how to set up a replacement with others, you are awesome! 😉 

@Boss_Belle82, Thank you for your feedback we definitely try to improve the quality of our products based on your feedback. 

@Twistngrind, I agree with you, what matters is on the inside not the outside, right? Just take good care of your buddy and it will not let you down! Robot Happy

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
@SolangeE there is something wrong with you. Our "buddies" have been letting us down over and over. Fix the problem and extend your warranty on the hugely defective products!
Best Answer

Hey, @bicycle! I'm sorry that you feel that way. We are working very hard to fix the existing problems. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes