Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Fibit bites the dust!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been a fitbit user for 5 years and always enjoyed using the fitbit and app but in that time I've gotten through 3 of them!

After 3 years, my fitbit charge 2 has finally died. The battery started going and then the display went on Friday.

I've always been a fan and happy to continue being a fitbit user but this time I'm less than impressed. I am so very disappointed that the third one has now stopped working. You'd think that they'd be a bit more robust as they're meant for tracking activity etc but they seem only built to last a few years.

I have to say I am considering purchasing a Garmin watch instead. The 35% discount I was offered wasn't great enough to convince me to invest in another unreliable device.

Apologies for the rant but with their being no customer service email or department, I was told this was my outlet.

Thanks,

Cat.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I've had my Charge 2 for about 2.5 years and I've noticed the battery is only holding a charge now for a few days. I'm not sure how much longer it will last,but I don't really care if I have to charge it every day or two. That said, I found several YouTube videos that show you how to replace the batter, which are available on Amazon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYwEM7W19dg . One of the how-to videos was by Joe's Gaming & Electronics https://www.joesge.com/pages/repair-service-fitbit, which also replaces Fitbit batteries relatively cheaply. Mail it in and they'll turn it around in two to five days. They're in the same state as me, so I'm seriously considering using Joe's.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah that's what happened to mine I'm afraid 😞 the battery wasnt lasting long and so I was having to charge it every day. Now finally the display has gone so I could wear it to track steps but can't use it for time or anything else.

I've been for my first run in a long time without wearing my fitbit. Felt a bit weird! 

It's good that you have Joe's as a service. I'm not sure we have anything like that in the UK. I'm going to see how I get on without it and maybe see if there are any good black Friday deals but not sure I'll be buying another fitbit in a hurry.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I paid $99 at Costco for my Charge 2 when it was on sale. So when it finally dies, it will have cost me about 9 cents a day. It was worth every penny because it was crucial in my efforts to lose weight. I'm willing to give Joe's a try or maybe Costco will have a good deal on the charge 4 on Black Friday. 

Best Answer
0 Votes