Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App login don’t inc Facebook sign in

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there 

I downloaded the app again after deleting a few months ago. When I tried log in, I was getting a msg such as my email or password is incorrect. So I requested to reset my password. 

I went back to login through the app. I still get the same msg. 

I logged in through the browser, apparently my email doesn’t exist. So I logged in using Facebook and it worked.

Now I want to sync my Fitbit but there is no option to login to the app using Facebook login. 

What do I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
31 REPLIES 31

Hi everyone. I'm glad to see you here in the Community Forums. @j8zel and @Rich_Laue, it's great to see you here, and thanks for your great help. I'm sorry for the delay in my response.

@tri1903@StaceyM1988 and @Tara_dSL, thanks for bringing this to my attention, as well for taking the time to contact our Support Team. I'm sorry that you've gone through this experience. I've been informed that they're currently working on your case and an update is on its way! Please follow up on your email case should you have any further questions. Thanks for hanging in there with us.

@HFulgencio, thanks for joining this thread. Just to confirm, do you mean that your personal information in your Fitbit account was changed? Let me know so I can continue helping you.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having this same issue myself now.. has Fitbit been hacked?? Help please!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tessa_24 go to your profile settings. You will see your registered email address. 

This is the address you will use when logging into the app. 

If you need help with the password, I would first check the saved passwords in the web brawser

Best Answer

Thank you this helped!!

Best Answer

Hi @Tessa_24 and @mommy3boys. Welcome on board. @Rich_Laue It's nice to see you around, and thanks for your great help. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

@Tessa_24, thanks for letting me know that you're having this issue, and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Just to confirm, have you checked the information posted by @Rich_Laue? Let me know if the issue persists, this way I can continue working on this with you.

@mommy3boys, I'm glad the steps posted in this thread worked for you, and now you can keep tracking your steps!

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, just wanted to provide an update on my experience.  It turns out that my account was hacked after all.  There are warranty scammers out there who will get access to people’s Fitbit accounts and then try to submit a fake warranty claim so they can get a brand new Fitbit.  I am not sure how they were able to hack me, but I suspect through Facebook, so I have changed my Facebook login credentials.  

Meanwhile, over at Fitbit, my case was escalated to a tier two support group, and they were able to change my email back to my real email, allowing me to log in and access my account that I’ve had for years.  They were really great and helpful - I’m very happy to be back in business with all my step history.  If you’re having this issue, there is hope!  You just have to make your way to this senior support group.  Good luck!

Best Answer

I would also change your Fitbit password. 

While you can log in with Facebook, you still were required to create a unique account on Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much!!  That worked perfectly.  

Best Answer

Really hope I can get escalated to this group. I’m having the exact same problem where my email has been changed to one over never used before. Can only log in via Facebook on the website and have lost use of the app because of this. 

Best Answer

@simongudge your posting from a 3 month old Fitbit account. Go to your settings and check your registered email address. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue I have the email address is not one I know. I registered via Facebook over a year ago but the email address now registered to this one is a mailsac address. I’ve never even heard of them. 

Best Answer

50026EA3-7C3E-4E64-B59A-A236A05C5838.png @Rich_Laue  Also this account must be more than three months old as I have data from much further back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes