Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App not showing heart rate data after run

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I've used my charge 2 for over a year now. I've always started a run via the "track exercise" method in the app. This gives me the cues and the GPS tracking. 

Glancing at my charge 2 during my run my HR has been displayed as normal. However post run there is no heart rate data. No average, nor the usual graph showing it going up and down during the run. 

I've tried resyncing and resetting the device. I've contacted fitbit but twice now they seem to misunderstand me. They've said:

"As previously suggested, if you wish to have the heart rate zone and average you need to use the SmartTrack feature or the exercise app on the device it self or on your Charge 2."

I don't know what any of this means. I've talked my runs for the previous year in the same method with no issues whatsoever. 

Can anybody shed some little on this for me please?

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

@Lvl_chg, welcome! It's nice to have you on board!

Let me help you with your missing heart rate. The team in investigating this issue so hopefully they can find a fix soon. Still I appreciate your patience with this.

I'll be around.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear moderator. 

This issue has been reported over many chats over a long period back to 2017... read it in this forum... how long is this going to continue?  

Best Answer

I've been having the same issue since the app updated to the 'new look' format a couple of weeks ago. Although the app is recording heart rate data (such as resting HR, etc) it no longer shows the average BPM during my runs.  This is important for me given I'm 51 years old doing 8.5KM runs... 

Best Answer

Hi there

I'm seeing the same issue on my Alta HR.

A lot of these issues seem to stem from the last update.

Is there any update on this?

Thanks

Best Answer

Any update on this yet?  It is now September and it still isn't working. 😞

Best Answer

Same here. But to me, HR stop showing in tracked exercises only after the last update. My wife has same iphone and fitbit and is complaining of same thing. I have a coworker with an android phone and has same issue. But again, until July this year before the update, everything was ok.

Best Answer

From what I have read on similar posts, the general consensus is that Fitbit is restricting average BPM data with the aim of releasing a paid ‘premium” service to users.  Nice way to treat loyal customers!  It’s the only explanation why they haven’t released a patch to fix.

The alternative is to use the Fitbit itself to log your runs. It’s logs ABPM. But I find that it’s stepcount & distance is not as accurate as using the app.

Best Answer

That we would be terrible if true. I pay for having HR data; if this is on purpose I want my money back.

I am already upset I am no longer able to get HR data when running and I need GPS info; and now I am feeling silly for believing this was just an oversight... Because of this, my wife started looking at garmin. And I am so stupid telling her fitbit is great and the issue will be fixed. At least for us, it is going to be a no brainer, why would I pay a subscription? Bye bye fitbit (and I will ask for the money I paid for my wife’s and my fitbit)

Best Answer

My heart rate data doesn't show up either and if I have to pay for this service, which any of the other trackers provide for free, fitbit has lost my patronage.  Which is really sad bc I like fitbit and (most) all it has to offer and have been a loyal customer for years.  Guess I'll be checking out a Garmin.

Best Answer

Have same issue with my Charge HR2- just all of a sudden it quit tracking this vital stat- wtf??

Best Answer

Same here and I have tried all the suggestions i.e. uninstalling and reinstalling the app, factory reset on the device and confirming heart rate is set to on. Nothing is working and it is so frustrating plus being linked to My Fitness Pal it is telling me I have earned and extra 1050 calories from exercise today. Not possible.

A solution soon would be nice.

Best Answer

As ofthe end of 9/12, my Charge 2 is not registering resting heartbeat or monitoring the heart beat as I go about my day.  I updated the software, the IOS app, restarted the device, tightened the band, cleaned the LED contacts and any thing else I can think or find out about online.  None of it has addressed my problem. It was purchased 5/15/18 and has worked just fine until this month.  I was an early user of the first Fitbit and was instrumental in getting our department at Stanford to use Fitbit for our health activity.  I recently purchased a Charge3 for my wife so this problem is disturbing as is realizing that since August this has been an ongoing issue with Charge2 users.  I have an email into Support so we will see what develops.

Best Answer

Hi, same here and found several threads about this problem. Am keeping an eye on several threads hoping they will fix it.

Arlet

Best Answer
My battery no longer holds a charge past 3 hours as well as no heart rate since 9/12. Fitbit help has been in touch but I am afraid I am SOL unless there recent software change helped cause this situation.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

No news yet  ?!

There are severel threads about the same issue !!! although explained differently but in all cases the Charge 2 does not display the gps map AND heart rate in zones with a graph any more.

Some people complain about the gps missing and other about the heart rate zones (graph) but it's all about the same problem. That the app does not display both after the excercise but one OR the other.

I am very surprised that with so many complaints over the past few months that there hasn't been any reply with a definitive solution,  or at least a tech. reply actually recognizing the issue and if Fitbit is actually looking into this.

I would appreciate an update thank you

Best Answer
My Charge2 did not have gps. I started having battery problems as well (heart rate failure may be early warning about the battery?). My Charge2 is older than I thought and the warranty had expired but Fitbit offered a 25% discount on a replacement so I got a Charge3. They treated me right so I’m content.
Mike

Best Answer
0 Votes

MKBCA sorry i don't understand.

It uses gps from your cellphone (as far is i know) so not sure why you needed to replace your fitbit for that...

My charge2 is only a year and a half old if it is a sign it stops working so soon added to the fact the features don't work proparly i am switching brands for sure. But am hoping this is not the case and without this issue would have upgraded to fibit3 because of the water resistance but for me it depends on working features and customer service. So far not looking very sunny.

Hope your Fitbit 3 works well and you are happy with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wasn’t using the gps but heart rate stopped showing on my Fitbit in mid September

Best Answer

Same here. It has tracked it for two years and suddenly stopped a few weeks ago.Who at Fitbit can I contact?  Are they actually addressing the issue ?

Best Answer