Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App not showing heart rate data after run

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I've used my charge 2 for over a year now. I've always started a run via the "track exercise" method in the app. This gives me the cues and the GPS tracking. 

Glancing at my charge 2 during my run my HR has been displayed as normal. However post run there is no heart rate data. No average, nor the usual graph showing it going up and down during the run. 

I've tried resyncing and resetting the device. I've contacted fitbit but twice now they seem to misunderstand me. They've said:

"As previously suggested, if you wish to have the heart rate zone and average you need to use the SmartTrack feature or the exercise app on the device it self or on your Charge 2."

I don't know what any of this means. I've talked my runs for the previous year in the same method with no issues whatsoever. 

Can anybody shed some little on this for me please?

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53
My battery failed shortly after the problem with the heart rate appeared. Fitbit help desk was helpful as far as they could since my device was out of warranty and a worn out battery solution was to replace the device. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Following. I have the same issue with my Ionic. It only doesn’t reflect heart rate for runs. But the app and site log heart rate for all other activities. 

IT USED to, but it no longer does. This is very frustrating because I’ve been a fitbit user for years.

this needs to be fixed.

Best Answer

I am back, the problem is still not resolved. 

Why is FitBit not replying to all these responses users are posting here.  

Stop putting canned replies.  

Give users proper replies. 

Is it that difficult to give genuine replies ?

Best Answer
Well, I called FitBit and they apparently changed something. They said you
have to start your run with your watch... I’ve always started it from the
app on my phone and got to hear the notifications with my split times at
each mile, pace, etc. Then when it synced after the run, it added in HR
info from my watch.

So I did what they said yesterday ... took my phone with me, but started
and ended the run using my watch and yes, the heart rate for the run was
there in the app results for that specific run just like it used to be,
which was great.

But now I don’t hear the splits etc on my phone because I started the run
with my watch. I guess I’ll try staring and ending the run with both my
phone and watch which is a pain. Not sure that will all sync up though.

It just feels like they missed something in an app update that they didn’t
anticipate and haven't figured out how to fix yet.

I’ve had it work flawlessly like you said for years but now it’s really a
pain.
Best Answer

Hi GpaMike,

There are several threads about this ( found them later).

I just don't think they really listen and understand the exact problem. In several threads they give different standardised unsuccesfull solutions and that's making me a bit agitated. 

Before this problem in the app a small (gps) map would show of where i had run

AND ALSO

my heart rate within the zones (cardio, peak or calory) for the duration of the run.

But : - (  Now it only shows either one. So figured out that i either have the fitbit (app) auto recognize my run and it will show the amount of time i was in the different heart rate zones with a small graph of it as well. 

OR i will start the training manually via the app At the end it will only show me the map of the run and how many calories i've burned but not the heart rate zones as mentioned above.

But NOT both (heartrate zone and map) as it should. I have started the training via the watch also but no luck there.

No solution as of yet.

Sorry if grammar is incorrect i'm dutch

Best Answer

same problem here.  And, just so everyone knows, I’m a paid premium customer. There is still no heart rate data with my runs. Premium gets you moderately better sleep data, but that’s about it so far.  Unfortunately, Fitbit just isn’t the company it used to be. Poor support, lack of innovation, terrible graphs (so many ways they could do better with the way data is reported). Sad!

Best Answer

Hi, If you read today's news, Fitbit owners just sold to Google... So its Google now to deal with this problem... I recently discovered that the tracker (Charge 2, May 2018 purchased) sends intermittent data to the App on my phone/S9. The HR changes from resting rate to actual (exercising) rate, and then it is erratic, back and forth.  So the App can't register the actual run, based on the HR, being erratic.

I am not sure if the pins that charged the tracker is faulty (damaged) and our sweat leaks into the tracker's charging poles causing some shortcircuiting. i  dont think its the App as my wife uses a HR and she doesnt have this problem I have. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

" They said you have to start your run with your watch " - how do you do it ? I have a Charge 2. 

Please advice... i would like to try this solution. 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

you use the exercise shortcuts on your Fitbit. Push the side button to cycle through to your shortcuts (usually two presses) then tap the screen until you see your desired exercise (run,walk, bike etc). Then push and hold the side button and your exercise will start. Push and hold again to stop.

i don’t like using this method as the Distance and stride length is often incorrect. It also won’t play voice cues or music like the app does. But it does work, and at the moment it’s the only way to see your average HR during runs.

Best Answer

Well that wipes out my theory! Fitbit obviously aren’t trying real hard while google takes over. Hopefully they may fix the issue.  Thanks for the info though.

Best Answer

Since the last update; I can get my heart rate data in the Fitbit app or web if I start the run using the watch. If I start my run using the IOS app, I do not get HR data captured.

Best Answer

Fitbit, how is this still going on? I have a charge 3 and used to use the app to track GPS and after the run I synced my device and it then displayed the heart rate with that exercise. 

This is still not working! I shouldn't have to pick between GPS and heart rate 😭

Best Answer

same issue. Also reported it. 
-we are working on it- 

this should just work... And because it is such a base requirement of an HR sport watch, it should be fixed in an acceptable time. 
I am afraid I will change to a competitor. I give up

Best Answer

I tried this and if we have GPS "always on" for the fitbit app, it is showing the map as well as the heart rate graph and average heart rate. Not sure of the accuracy as I would need to test it out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good news that is how it should be ! It was like that before the update with mine also.

I am hoping this means it is/will be fixed...

Unfortunately due to injury i can't run to test at the moment.

Best Answer

Exact same thing here, I have an Alta HR. 

How stupid is it that your fitbit doesnt track your HR when manually tracking activities?? 

I tried Strava to track my gps and fitbit would keep my HR data but there is no way to add this HR data to my Strava activities. 

Very disappointed. 

Best Answer
I have figured out the only way strava gets your HR via fitbit is if you start your tracking via your watch. Not kidding

Gps is **ahem** then. But yeah...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
Best Answer

I can't start an activity from my watch, I have an Alta HR

Kind regards

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's odd.  I have the same problem with my Charge 2 (as does my partner with her Alta HR).  Changing the Location privacy setting from "While using app" to "Always" made no difference for me:  recording an exercise using "track" in the app goes only GPS information, with no heartrate data.

Using the button on my Charge 2 to start an exercise *does* work:  the exercise appears in the Fitbit app and exported to Strava with both GPS and HR information.  Whilst this is a workaround for me (suffering only from the inconvenience of not having pace cues), it does nothing whatsoever for my partner since her Alta HR has no button and no means of initiating an exercise record from her watch.

Looking at our Strava sessions, it seems likely that this bug was introduced with version 3.0 for iOS SIX MONTHS AGO.

Best Answer

I have been trying to contact customer care and get it fixed since 4 months and today is the first time they mentioned that it's an issue with the app. I just don't understand why it's so hard for them to fix a bug. 

There's another way I found to get the heart rate in the run. Just do everything as normal and once you are done with the run, you'd know at pace you ran and between what time. Add a manual log entry for the run with that information. The manual entry does contain the heart rate information. The only problem would be you'd have to delete the run which has the GPS associated with it.

The customer support is extremely rude in saying that there's no ETA for the fix but they are working on it. The fact that the manual entry shows the heart rate information says that it's a simple bug in the app.

Best Answer