Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App not showing heart rate data after run

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I've used my charge 2 for over a year now. I've always started a run via the "track exercise" method in the app. This gives me the cues and the GPS tracking. 

Glancing at my charge 2 during my run my HR has been displayed as normal. However post run there is no heart rate data. No average, nor the usual graph showing it going up and down during the run. 

I've tried resyncing and resetting the device. I've contacted fitbit but twice now they seem to misunderstand me. They've said:

"As previously suggested, if you wish to have the heart rate zone and average you need to use the SmartTrack feature or the exercise app on the device it self or on your Charge 2."

I don't know what any of this means. I've talked my runs for the previous year in the same method with no issues whatsoever. 

Can anybody shed some little on this for me please?

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53
Yes, that works... thanks. I'd switch to a Garmin if I didn't have 4 years
history in Fitbit. Crazy !! N
Best Answer
0 Votes

Changed to Garmin. **ahem** this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just replying to say I also have this problem..... I’ll try starting from the watch and the app tomorrow to see if that works? but I’m going to start shopping around if they aren’t going to support their products

Best Answer
If I use my Fitbit to record activity; I then get heart rate data.
Just make sure your Fitbit and phone are connected via Bluetooth.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes that's true. If you take the phone with you, it shows the map as well. But then the distance is calculated based on the stride length and can get reasonably inaccurate. 

Best Answer

This did not work for me (toggling to "Always" for geolocation), I just tried this morning. I think that if this were such a simple setting, then the fitbit support team would have answered the many complaints published here over the years. Thanks anyhow for the suggestion

Best Answer
0 Votes
I need to figure out how to close out this help ticket as I still get comments like yours.  I am sorry my suggestion did not work but I think my suggestion was the nuclear one - I got a new fitbit and tossed the old one that lost the heart rate ability.  It was a couple of years old anyway.
Best Answer
0 Votes

They are not going to fix it; they are no longer supporting old devices. You may be ok with that and buy a new Fitbit. But I am definitely not, as this experience tells me they can take functionality out of my future device without explanation. They did it once; no reason to believe they wouldn’t do it again. My next watch is a garmin. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

To MKBCA: I appreciate that you shared what worked for you, and took that time indeed. Apologies that you get notifications.

I believe it helps for anyone with the same unresolved issue to get a sense of what can be done, and what else has been attempted, as well as how this worked or didn’t for others.

Again, thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
no doubt but mine was nearly 3 years old well past the warranty and then some.  I have a Garmin golf yardage watch that is ok but it too is now several years old and starting to stumble.  Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just encountered this issue and I’m in disbelief how many threads there are on this since July last year without a resolution. I think finding an alternative product is the way forward. You should be able to make use of the audio/cues by starting the run on the app and also get all the data you get if you start the run on the phone! How ridiculous that this has gone on so long 

Best Answer

Stunning that the HR data is there, as you can see it on the daily graph, but cannot currently be displayed within the activity, on mobile app or on web-based dashboard from computer. I have been starting activities from my actual fitbit device for the past week, first testing on walks, and now using for running and cycling. It has its advantages, though you lose the kilometer vocal cues that the app provides. At least I can get my HR stat per activity, which is useful for Strave and Elevate viewing and analysis.

Again, really hard to believe there is nothing shared by fitbit on how this will be resolved, if at all (and it's been nearly a year)

Best Answer

Just got the same problem with an inspire HR. I now wish I bought a Garmin. It should be a simple software fix, the fact that Fitbit is ignoring this will be means I'm not investing in their ecosystem. I was expecting much more.

Best Answer

How is it possible that, after many years, this is still an issue??? No change when using Charge 4 because, well, it surely looks like a software/app issue. 

I end up using 2 apps to get pace/distance cues AND have heart rate/score. Dumb. 

Best Answer