Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining in less than a day

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My partner bought me a charge 2 last year for my birthday in mid november, its been amazing right up until 3 days ago. It used to last me 6ish days when I first got it and now since last saturday its been less than 24hrs. I always charge my fitbit when it says its battery is low from the notifications on the device, when I take it off I let it have a good 2-2.5 hrs on charge before putting it back on.

On saturday 10th I noticed after charging it that morning around 9-11ish, that by 7pm it was saying battery low on the fitbit, gave it another charge up and thought it musnt of been on properly first time. This was the same on sunday, not long after i woke up around 10am it was saying it was low again, so again another charge and it lasted until maybe 8pm then wanted charging again. Again it was charged and by now Im getting a bit annoyed and confused as to why its doing this. Same thing on monday and woke up today with a battery as dead as a dodo. So far its been on charge for 45 mins and when I push the side button its coming up with the battery and a slim line down the bottom so at least its still charging.

Ive cleaned the contacts on it via the help section and it doesnt seem to make any difference. The only notifications I have turned on are the moving reminders, although Im usually up and about most hours anyway making a cuppa or at work etc. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, if it helps I live in the UK so if there is a place I could take my fitbit to and have it checked out preferably that isnt the far end of the country would be fantastic or any other help in general. I havent told my other half yet, but I cant imagine he will be too happy about it being as its only 7 months old.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No worries my friend @SunsetRunner, I totally understand that feeling. Our team will do the best to get you back on track. Smiley Very Happy

If there's something else you would like me to assist you with, I'm always glad to give you a hand. Have a great weekend!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
69 REPLIES 69

Hey there @SunsetRunner, welcome to the forums! Hmm... very weird. Thanks for already trying cleaning the contacts on your Fitbit. 

To make sure everything has been checked correctly, consider the following tips:

• If you use the Fitbit app, make sure All-Day Sync is turned off. 
  • (Android only) Turn off the Always Connected setting. Similar to All-Day Sync, it can reduce battery life.
  • If you don't need heart rate data, change the Heart Rate setting to Off. When you turn it back on, use Auto. 
  • Turn off Quick View. Since it causes the screen to light up when you turn your wrist towards you, turning this setting off may prolong battery life. 
  • Don't receive reminders to move every hour. 
  • Turn call, text, or calendar notifications off if you know you're going to receive many hundreds of notifications. A large volume reduces battery life. 
  • Use guided breathing sessions less frequently. Multiple sessions per day may reduce battery life. 
  • If you have many silent alarms set, consider deleting some. Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage. 
  • Don't charge your tracker in extreme heat or cold. 

However, as per the description of your post and consider that your tracker is a brand new... maybe it's running an old version of its firmware? Therefore, I'd recommend trying the following:

• Log out of your Fitbit App
  • Force quit the App
  • Restart your Charge 2, 3 times in a row
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit App
  • Update the Firmware version of your Charge 2 
  • Sync right after finishing the update

Running old version might cause issues like this one. 

Give it a shot and let me know if this works! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit, it was fully charged 2 hours ago just after i read your post, its now completely dead again and its really hot, I expect it to be warm while charging similar to a phone but not on my wrist and not after its been off charging. I had posted a reply but it doesnt seem to have shown up here, it was just saying I had done all of your suggestions, the firmware is completely up to date, even checked the app store in case my app was outdated and it had taken 3 hours to fully charge. Also Im using a HTC M10 phone, android in case it made a difference.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back and letting me know what happened afterwards. Please stop using and wearing your tracker by now @SunsetRunner. Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. Man Wink

Best Answer

@MarreFitbitThank you, Im nipping out but I will check my emails once I get back in and Ive taken it off, its sat on my desk and its cooled down now but I know it shouldnt have done that. I appreciate the help youve given me so far and anything is worth a try. I think Im more upset that I cant wear it than anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No worries my friend @SunsetRunner, I totally understand that feeling. Our team will do the best to get you back on track. Smiley Very Happy

If there's something else you would like me to assist you with, I'm always glad to give you a hand. Have a great weekend!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How exactly is this an accepted solution? I had the same issue albeit my tracker was closer to 18 months old. How does Fitbit justify not standing by a $150 product with known battery issues? Even the discount they are offering seems like a pathetic attempt at selling off inventory of the older products (even the Versa which is over 6 months old is not included in their "discount"). They were a different company a few years back when they were up and coming. Now, it's just the incremental updates and doing enough to stay good within the warranty period.

Best Answer

My Fitbit is a Ionic and it isn't more than 4-5 months old. However, my battery keeps draining by a bit after a day. I fully charged it 2 days ago and it almost went dead this morning. Yesterday, the battery was 40% when I woke up. In addition, I noticed that every time Fitbit Ionic performs a restart it uses up 1% battery, and my Fitbit restarts several times after I sync it. So would it be the cause that it kept syncing and restarting? I hope I get a solution soon too because it is very annoying and inconvenient, and I really like wearing the tracker.

Best Answer

Bought a fitbit flex used and set it up to sync wit samsung j7 android Battery is dead by morning and was fully charged 11pm the night before. Looked at the list of things to turn off and most wern't on. I suspect the battery is old and not abble to hold a good charge.

The question is can the battery be replaced? Where is a good place to get one?

Thanks

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Purchased my fitbit inspire in mid-August 2019. Battery life is currently less than 2 days. 

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. Purchased my Fitbit Charge 3 April 2019. Charge was lasting at least 5-6 days. 4 or 5 days ago Fitbit woke me up vibrating continuously.  It had the smiley face but pressing the button did nothing. Placed it on the charge for 2 days, battery remained drained. Then suddenly it charged but charge last less than 24 hours. Contacted Fitbit support who check battery life status and was told I need to let the battery drain to 0% and then charge to a 100% (because when my battery began to drain quickly within an hour I placed it back on the charge). I’ve taken all the steps suggested, resetting, cleaning contacts, but now the battery takes hours to charge and the charge lasts less than 24 hours. Right now I’m tracking date, time of charge (100%) and when battery goes it 0%. This sucks when you are trying to monitor activity and Fitbit doesn’t work properly after 8 months. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with FitBit charge not lasting. I think FitBit has made a recent update because until a few days ago my Charge 2 used to last 4-5 days when fully charged.  Now I get the Low Battery message within about 24-28 hours.  I think Fitbit has a software defect or they are trying to get people to buy a new product (intentional discharge of battery).

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue, what is going on??? 

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. I tried all the suggestions but they didnt help.Went back to using my alta but truly want my Charge 2 fixed

Best Answer

Just started happening to my Charge 2 in the last week. Up till recently the battery would last 4-5 days. Now barely lasts 1day. 

Best Answer

how do i get a replacement as its just a year old?

Best Answer

Hi @MarreFitbit 

Actually even am facing the same problem, past 2 weeks, my battery lasts less than a day, and it's it's just over a year old, hope you can help me fix it.

Thank you

Best Answer

Hi there, this exact problem is happening to me and started on Sunday/Monday. Device has been working perfectly and then started on Monday where it was fully empty by the end of the day even though I charged it. Cleaned contacts, etc. I've tried the restart you suggested and it does not seem to have helped. 

Best Answer
Hi sadly I have not found anyone who can give me advice on this only one person replied saying buy a new Fitbit which was useless

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This is the second Charge 2 that the battery starts to die within a couple hours.  I’ve had this less than a year.   I’ve done all the troubleshooting from when I went through this the last time.  There is something wrong where the contacts are directly against your skin, I think.  I remove the lotion on my arm with an alcohol wipe before I wear it.  This is extremely disappointing.  They don’t even ask to get the old Fitbit back to see what is wrong?

Best Answer