Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining in less than a day

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My partner bought me a charge 2 last year for my birthday in mid november, its been amazing right up until 3 days ago. It used to last me 6ish days when I first got it and now since last saturday its been less than 24hrs. I always charge my fitbit when it says its battery is low from the notifications on the device, when I take it off I let it have a good 2-2.5 hrs on charge before putting it back on.

On saturday 10th I noticed after charging it that morning around 9-11ish, that by 7pm it was saying battery low on the fitbit, gave it another charge up and thought it musnt of been on properly first time. This was the same on sunday, not long after i woke up around 10am it was saying it was low again, so again another charge and it lasted until maybe 8pm then wanted charging again. Again it was charged and by now Im getting a bit annoyed and confused as to why its doing this. Same thing on monday and woke up today with a battery as dead as a dodo. So far its been on charge for 45 mins and when I push the side button its coming up with the battery and a slim line down the bottom so at least its still charging.

Ive cleaned the contacts on it via the help section and it doesnt seem to make any difference. The only notifications I have turned on are the moving reminders, although Im usually up and about most hours anyway making a cuppa or at work etc. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, if it helps I live in the UK so if there is a place I could take my fitbit to and have it checked out preferably that isnt the far end of the country would be fantastic or any other help in general. I havent told my other half yet, but I cant imagine he will be too happy about it being as its only 7 months old.

Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69
Hiya I don’t know who to return this crappy watch too , and they are not cheap. I would like info on who to send it too as its useless in its present state.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

That was the same issue I just dealt with today. My Fitbit versa is 16 months old and my battery doesn’t last nite than 5 hours and when I called all they could offer me was a discount. I was furious because I had paid a good anoint for it just to not work right. They should stand my their product and replace it or send a refurbished one. I don’t think I’ll be repurchasing any of their products anymore. 

Best Answer

I was told unless your in the warranty period they can only offer you a discount one but if you do they might be able to  send a replacement. You need to call customer support

Best Answer
I was told this too I’ve decided to scrap it and get another make of watch After all you could be pouring money after money after money is the next battery doesn’t last

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thats what I’m thinking I might invest in an I watch an older model. This is ridiculous how they don’t back up their products. There are so many post regarding the same issue. But I definitely won’t be purchasing a fit bit again. Waste of money!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer

I’ve had my charge 2 since 2017 and up until last week, I always got a solid week out of it before needing to recharge. In the past few days though, it’s been different. Last night for example, I received a notification saying the battery was low and eventually it ran completely dry so I put it to charge and went to bed. Woke up 7 or so hours later and went to put it back on, but noticed it’s time had reset. I opened the app and synced it and the time corrected itself. I carried on with my day. Within 5 hours, I looked to see the time and the watch was dead. Don’t know how’s long it had been dead because I didn’t receive a notification. Put it to charge AGAIN thinking maybe my laptop ran out of juice (it hadn’t, it was on 40%) so plugged that in as well and charged the watch up full. Put it on around 8pm, and by midnight it’s completely dead again, no notification of low battery yet again. This is a really bad time for this kind of thing as getting a replacement isn’t really an option and I’d quite like to keep track of my activity even in isolation. 

Best Answer

Charged it overnight, put it on at 6:30am, by 9:30am it’s dead.

Best Answer

My battery on my Fitbit dies every other day. What can I do about that? Ex:I want to have my sleep or exercise recorded and notice that my Fitbit dies, not happy.

Best Answer
Nothing as fit bit doesn’t want to know

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Same thing started happening to my Charge 3 last weekend. I’m now on my 2nd replacement Charge 3 for various reasons which doesn’t look good for any product!

Best Answer

A few days after my previous comment the thing died completely. Fitbit has made it clear how much it values its customers - not at all.

Best Answer

Yes my Fitbit was bought around the same time an It’s having the same issues 

Best Answer
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit ,hope everyone's safe,

had posted my problem with Fitbit about 2 months back, but haven't got any replies from your team. Anyways the problem being,my 2nd Fitbit (which was replaced by your company, and even the earlier one faced same problem), after slightly more than a year of use, it's battery lasted for just about a day, wherein, before that, it used to last for a week.

Since then, I had e-mailed your team, but they said they were helpless in this case as it had expired the warranty, and plus there are no service centres here in India, was shocked to hear that reply.

Is the battery replaceable? If not, what is the solution?

Please do let me know,

Best Answer
I now have three defunct Charge 3 Fitbits . Last one charged up and lasted approximately 1 hour and then died. Fitbit should be ashamed of this product and take it off the market.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hi Maria. Hoping you can help. My charge 2 hr fitbit has suddenly just started losing its charge really quickly. Yesterday it last a few hours, now it's at 5 minutes!  Had it about 2 years now. Any  ideas what to do to resolve please? 

Best Answer

Waiting for Fitbit to reply to my question. That what I need now🧐

Best Answer

I am having the same issues with  mine also and it goes dead in two hours right off charger feels warmer and mine is all up date and I just got it less then six months ago I’m kinda disappointed in it not working well

Best Answer

I recently started using my Fitbit charge 2 again and my fit bit app is telling me there is an update to apply.  A full charge is lasting me 5-7 days. I see the Firmware/ battery drain issue still exists.  I guess I won’t be updating my device, ever. 

Best Answer

I,m having the same problem too 😞 

Dies after 10 minutes of a full charge. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer